Fibromyalgia from Hips Down

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibromyalgia from Hips Down

Postby Valley Girl » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:44 pm

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 2 months ago by a Rheumatologist . I probably am in denial, but don't believe this is what is wrong with me, I have no upper body discomfort or problems with my memory other than normal for a 64 year old. I do have extreme stiffness in my hip joints and have trouble walking after being seated. Then after walking for short periods of time I have incredible pains in my leg, which goes down both shins and into ankles, also stabbing pains in my calf muscle . I also have intense pain when standing still.
I am awaiting an appointment with a Pain Clinic. At the moment I am taking 3 x 150mg of Pregabalin, 3 tramadols and Paracetamol in between but still have no relief from pain. They do put me to sleep at night, but I don't feel rested when I wake I gave up the 4th Tramadol as I woke with a tremendous headache as well as all the other pain.
I wondered if anyone else started off like this and I have more to come in the rest of my body ?
Valley Girl
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibromyalgia from Hips Down

Postby denys » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:35 am

Strange really to get a Fibro diagnosis without upper body pain as part of the reason for such a diagnosis consists of pain in all four quadrants of the body for a period of at least 3 months, you could always ask for a second opinion :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Valley Girl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Thanks I am waiting to go to the Pain Clinic and was told if I went down any other avenue I would not be able to go to them. I have asked for my records and X Rays to be sent to me, but it's all a waiting game. My GP told me that if I was misdiagnosed by Rheumatologist the pain clinic would explore other avenues. I am 3 weeks into a 9 week wait, but everyday I feel so useless at not being able to walk very far or do the easiest tasks when it involves my legs
Valley Girl
UKFM Newbie

Postby Valley Girl » Thu May 15, 2014 11:28 am

Well it's arrived in my upper arms now, and I wake each morning with hands curled and completely dead, I have to work them and then get pins and needles in both. I have my app for pain clinic on Wed 21 st May so not long now!!. Am depending on them to ease the constant pain even though I am taking all these pills
Valley Girl
UKFM Newbie

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:46 pm

I am hesitant to taking to many pain pills. I got into a viscous cycle of eating pills like they were sweets. What happened was, every week I was upping the meds until I was constantly having them. Think your body can get used to the pills which is why we end up taking so many. I now take mine in moderation. I am on tramadol three times a day, and if absolutely necessary, I will also take ibuprofen.

As for first symptoms, lower back pain and shooting pains in my back. Had them for years before the stiffness in the morning arrived. Then it all hit me at once x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Valley Girl » Sun May 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Thanks Teresa, I think that's what is happening to me in the last few weeks, I don't think the painkillers are doing any good but thought I should stay on them until I go to the Pain Clinic on Wednesday. I didn't want them thinking I was a smart a..e by stopping them as if I knew best without speaking to them first
Valley Girl
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems