Itchy ears

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Itchy ears

Postby Cap22 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:51 pm

I have recently been diagnosed with Fibro. The pain at the moment I can handle, it tends to move from place to place and slap be much worse in wet weather. The gp has prescribed Amatipyline at 10mg to start and see how I go.

The worst things for me at the moment is the severe fatigue, waves of feeling like I am coming down with a cold, sleep is up and down but oh, the itchy ears! I have had this for a year now. The skin really itches just inside my ears are the worst, you just have to scratch. The doctor has given me some cream but this only helps for a while. The skin in my ear becomes scaly to feel and can crack an become sore.

I have read that the sinuses and itchy ears are a common problem with Fibro. Anyone else have this and any ideas what can help please?
Cap22
UKFM Newbie

Re: Itchy ears

Postby Lindilou » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:11 am

Does the doc think the problem with your ears could be eczema? When I've crashed it does feel like the start of the flu too.
Lindilou

Re: Itchy ears

Postby Cap22 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:38 am

Lindilou wrote:Does the doc think the problem with your ears could be eczema? When I've crashed it does feel like the start of the flu too.

Originally the gp thought it was just from maybe changing shampoo or something like that but it doesn't clear up. Itching is worse on a bad day and it's then the skin feel scaly and cracks. I realise I am so lucky at the moment not having unbearable pain. How some people cope with what they have I don't know. My aim is to try to find ways to get round things and cope as they crop up with a view to it could/will get worse so try to be prepared.

Sleeping is bad at the moment with jumping legs and burning feet and night sweats so wondering about CFS at the moment.
Cap22
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems