Weakness

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weakness

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:56 am

U no what my dr would give this site a medal .as if I didn't have ppl here to ask I'd be on the phone every her day.
So sorry to bore again but my right arm has gone weak I dropped the kettle this morning.
Is that a fibro thing.i no my fingers go weak but this is because there stiff.my right foot went last night but after ten mins awash fine to walk on.im well aware of pains moving around but the weak arm I've never had xxxxx
Hope your all feeling good today
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Weakness

Postby Garyl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:14 am

Have had similar myself, I have last few days struggled arms weak legs weak and foot giving way, and am glad i got over my vanity and moved to a wheeled walker from 2 walking sticks. You need to take the suport you can.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 am

Painprincess, some of us experience dropping things and loss of strength in limbs. I would definitely mention these symptoms to your Dr. We shouldn't thnk that everything is fibro related. There are other things that could be the issue, even your meds could need changed.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:42 am

It could be PP, but it could also be due to something that is completely unrelated to FM. I think it might be another addition to the "What Can I Ask The Doctor About" list :roll: :roll: :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby amarkwell67 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Garyl

New to this condition. How old are u if u don't mind me asking, I am 46. And body just does not seem to work muscles and nerves and gone.
amarkwell67
UKFM Newbie

Postby Monty99 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:26 pm

My wrists are incredibly weak and catch me unawares at time. The pain from them wakes me up most nights and I have taken to wearing gloves to bed! I have zero core strength and can't bend my knees and hold up my body weight. FM has made things extremely difficult but I have finally made the changes needed in my personal life and working life to help me manage my condition. I have good days and bad ones, its about recognising the signs so I don't overdo it. I try to walk every day which seems to help and now have installed a running machine at home. When exercise is off the menu due to pain, its exactly what I have to do to make the pain easier! FM is finally being recognised by many which in turn will bring with it many more options of pain relief and possible cures! Who knows……
Monty99
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Always dropping things but agree with Fluppy get it checked out to be sure, its far to easy to attribute everything to FM :shock: :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems