bloated stomach

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

bloated stomach

Postby libbiek30 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Hi I have a very bloated painful stomach get it a lot. Not sure if its ibs or food allergy? Anyonne else get this? I have had problems in the past with fibroids and ovarian cysts so not sure if it cud b.that again. Fed up of going to docs seems to b something different all the time! :-o
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Re: bloated stomach

Postby Wobbly woo » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:47 pm

I recently started suffering with this -to the point where I couldn't fasten my jeans. After examination,Gp referred me for an abdominal scan, which found nothing. So I started eliminating foods to see if anything changed it -found it to be a cereal I was eating a lot of -which contained peanuts among other things. Think it was asda but crunch or something like that. Stopped eating it and within days the bloating had stopped. Could be a food intolerance, the only problem being that there are so many food groups it can take forever to eliminate the one that affects you. I'd never had this problem in the past. But I've also recently developed an intolerance to peppers as well!?
Hope this helps, good luck :-)
Wobbly woo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:17 pm

As IBS is associated with FM, it could be attributed to this. As Wobbly woo has said tho, it could also be related to something in your diet that is aggravating things.

There are a few on here who have found that cutting down/cutting out wheat can help reduce the bloating, altho like other FM~related things, it doesn't always help everyone.

To find out what the cause is, another trip to see your doc will be needed I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby libbiek30 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Thanks yes I think I will have to go. It's so hard as by the time I get an app it could have gone and be something else. Well that's fibro :roll:
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:38 pm

Hopefully they will be able to sort things out and get you feeling a little better tummy wise :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby libbiek30 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:01 am

Yes here's hoping thanks :crazy:
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:46 pm

Just a quick update. Saw a new gp yesterday and he was very good he is sending me for more tests and not just putting everything down to fibro. Had to get a double app as I had a list :lol:
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Great good to know he isnt just listing it under the fibro heading :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LYNPI » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:44 pm

I've suffered from IBS for years and bloating was a major issue. Bread was the problem with myself and I limit it to small amounts in a week (e.g. 2 slices). :crazy:

I've found that after a few weeks, the bloating reduces.
LYNPI
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems