Teeth

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Teeth

Postby Karou » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:08 pm

Hiya,

I'm a real :chicken-dance: when it comes to seeing a dentist. However, if I have to I can be sensible enough to make myself go. And since a piece of my tooth broke off (I think from grinding which I do at night and sometimes have to stop myself during the day) I feel I have to go.

Since I'm on income related ESA, I don't think I have to pay fees but I'm not sure what exactly this means? My lower teeth aren't in line with the upper ones and not straight either. I sometimes catch my lip when chewing. When I was a teenager I've had braces but the dentist had me stop using them too soon and my teeth moved instead of settling in the right place.

Does anyone know if there's help available for adults with the costs? Like a small amounts payment plan maybe? Oh...and I also need to inquire about a mouth guard to avoid more chipped teeth.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Re: Teeth

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Linky about Dental Charges as well as who is exempt from paying them.
You do not have to pay for NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts, you are:

aged under 18
under 19 and receiving full-time education
pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months
staying in an NHS hospital and your treatment is carried out by the hospital dentist
an NHS hospital dental service outpatient (however, you may have to pay for your dentures or bridges
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:32 pm

Good luck at the dentist :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Karou » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Thanks FluppyPuffy, got all the info I needed there. My silly brain wasn't able to find that page. sigh

Thanks denys, I'm sure I'll need it lol. Let's hope I don't bite out of fear. :mrgreen:
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems