Fibro or MS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro or MS

Postby trigger » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi guys hope you are all having a pain fee day x Me i have just been knocked sideways !
Went to my doc's today to see if the had my mra scan back and was shocked by it the first thing he said no tumor did not know they were looking for one but i have got a bulge in the vain in neck then he went a bit quite.

that's when he said but the scan shows i have more grey matter then white or the other way round was to stunned at the time as it was a sign of MS but try not to worry as i don't think it is!

now got to see a neuro so i left the doc's got out side and burst in to tears felt a bit daft but my love friend came round and made a cuppa and i feel a bit better now and will cross that bridge when i need to send you a hug x :cry:
trigger
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro or MS

Postby Katie Louise » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:17 pm

Sorry to hear that hun it will be difficult as every thing that life throws at you but try keep positive and with the support of us and the people around you face every day as it comes xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Katie Louise
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Trigger....Those questionable looks, groans etc from a DR can leave you in a state. When checking for fibro, everything is ruled out. It is the only way to diagnose fibro. The question of having MS, try not to get overly worked up until you have a final diagnosis. We have MS in our family and there are various levels, some people live with minimal symptoms. I don't like to see you upset unnecessarily. I know it is hard to wait for a diagnosis but you need to try to think of other things. X
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby trigger » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:57 am

Hi a big thank you for the comments sat and a good talk with my husband and we are going to cross every bridge as we come to it.
But having this site is a vey big help again thank will keep you posted on the out come
x :fingerscrossed:
trigger
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Hmph :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: When I moved you over into here trigger, I also replied, but it looks like the Gremlins have eaten it :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Not sure about how much I can remember, but here goes.........well.....something.....if the Gremlins leave it alone :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There have been a few people on here who have posted about MS being a possible dx, either instead of, or alongside FM. Like you, they underwent a series of tests which came back with results that could possibly indicate the presence of MS. They too were referred to a Neuro~bod for further investigations to see what was happening. Not all of them posted an update on how things turned out, but there was one I can recall who was told that MS wasn't present. Sometimes something can appear that resembles a possible indicator for MS, but then further investigations show that nothing is present. And quite often there is no explanation as to why they have appeared.

Talking this thru with Hubby was the best thing to do, so you both know what you could possibly be facing. Taking things day~by~day and facing whatever comes along is the best way to tackle this issue, and with Hubby by your side and holding your hand, he'll no doubt show you how gallant and noble a modern~day Knight in shining armour he is :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu May 01, 2014 12:07 am

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: trigger good luck with the neuro appointment and I hope you dont have to wait too long
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby trigger » Mon May 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Once again thank you for your comments i will keep all up to date with how things are going . But if it is not ms what other things would curse the change in brain matter ? :-?
trigger
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue May 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Only your neurologist can answer that trigger, hopefully you will have your answers soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby trigger » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:21 pm

just a quick update going to see my GP tonight as not having a good time of it at the mo. I have got my appointment with the nuro next week so hopefully will know whats going on x
trigger
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:31 pm

Keeping :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for the best possible outcome and answers for you trigger :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby trigger » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:54 am

Hi everyone
well today is the day i go to find out if i have MS and if i am honest i am scared stiff there is a lot going on in my life as the moment with family so have not really talked to anyone about it trying hard to hold it all together x :(
trigger
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:12 pm

hi Trigger

sounds like you're going through a really tough time at the moment. so I'm sending you big :hugs: and hope all goes well for you.

just remember whatever happens that at least you'll have a definitive diagnosis so that can only be a good thing cos at least they can start treating if it is MS.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems