Wrongly Diagnosed

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Wrongly Diagnosed

Postby Jeany » Tue May 06, 2014 3:16 pm

I have had a really nasty fall this morning. I tripped and went head first across the kitchen and smacked the side of my face on the work top.

For the past week I have experienced some weird things such as thinking things are moving when in fact they are not, and my balance has not been great for a while, which means I stumble, trip and fall, sometimes its like I am drunk.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with CFS/ME and fibro, but I wonder if I have MS. I spoke to my GP today after my fall and she said to try some medication for vertigo, and if that does not work she may send me for further investigations.

Does anyone know anything about MS ?
Jeany
UKFM Member

Re: Wrongly Diagnosed

Postby Theresa34 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:15 pm

Have you been to the gp about your dizziness? I had this last year. I saw a gp who said my blood pressure was very low. She examined me and checked my ears. She diagnosed me with labrynthitis. Perhaps you could have that or another inner ear infection?
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue May 06, 2014 5:23 pm

If you had an MRI scan then I would assume that MS had been ruled out. It could be a whole host of things causing your symptoms and the vast majority will be very easily cleared up, so please dont worry yourself silly over whether you have MS until you have to, cos it will only make all your fibro symptoms worse
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Apart from knowing that MS shares a lot of symptoms and problems with FM, and that it is possible to have both conditions alongside each other, my knowledge is on the condition is rather limited. This Linky might be worth a look to see if it helps answer some questions.

When things first started appearing for me, the symptoms I had were very similar to what you have described, and are also very similar to those for a number of inner ear/balance problems, as well as being It is possible that the vertigo treatment could help ease things for you.

With the vagaries of FM, it's unpredictability, sharing so many symptoms with so many other possible conditions, and dx being made by a process of elimination rather than it having something that shows up in a test, scan etc, it's understandable that thoughts about being misdx'd pop up. Hopefully tho, these thoughts will turn out to be just that......thoughts, and the other problems will be something that is easily treatable/manageable :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jeany » Tue May 06, 2014 5:51 pm

I have never had an MRI scan, but I think that may be next on the list
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue May 06, 2014 5:58 pm

Good and hopefully it will help to put your mind at rest :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Theresa34 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:35 pm

I did worry that I had MS late last year because of the symptoms I had. I had an mri scan in Jan this year because of my back pain and it came back clear. So my mind is at rest regarding MS x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems