Frozen to the core!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Frozen to the core!!

Postby Diane64 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:20 am

Any advice anyone?

I was on holiday last week and think I had a flare up of fibro, I also had a bit of a sicky bug but not concerned about that.

the temperatures were around 28 dg and full sunshine but for a couple of days I just felt extremely cold, as in frozen to the core, when sunbathing and a slight breeze came along this would have normally been a welcome from the heat but it gave me such pain, I even went to my bed through the day to get a heat, I know this sounds ridiculous but I have never experienced this before, it felt like nerve pain also so I am presuming that if I had not stopped taking the gabapentin this feeling may have been reduced if felt it at all, I don't want to go back on the gabapentin and it lasted for a couple of days, made me feel a bit miserable as haven't experienced that before.

I don't want to go and visit the Gp due to not having it anymore and the likely hood that they will suggest to go back on Gabapentin or something similar.Just wondering how you have coped with this if have experienced it or something similiar.
Diane64
UKFM Member

Re: Frozen to the core!!

Postby denys » Sat May 10, 2014 5:31 pm

Sorry Di no real advice from me, I normally feel like this if I have a virus or similar, maybe in combination to the tummy bug :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hippychick » Fri May 23, 2014 9:08 pm

I realize that you started this thread a wee while ago Diane, but I've only just spotted it. I do hope you recovered ok from the bug at least, but just wanted to say that with a lot of fibromites it's as if our body's internal thermostat has gone out of whack.

Not unheard of for me to be adding more and more layers of clothing when everybody else is sweating and complaining about the heat OR for me to be stripping off layers, (never down to the birthday suit though, that'd be enuff to give any unfortunate onlooker nightmares for evermore), when everybody else is saying how cold it is :crazy:

Of course, it's always advisable to get anything worrying checked out by a doc. My own rule is that is if I've got any new symptoms and they've not resolved themselves in 2 weeks, then I'll seek advise from the doc. I'm sure others would only wait 3 days but I already feel as if I've got my own seat reserved in our GP's waiting room so tend not to 'bother' him tooooooo often :-?

Hope you're feeling a bit better by now anyhoo.

Gentle huggles,
Hippy
hippychick
UKFM Member

Postby Diane64 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:51 am

Thanks Hippy and Denys, yea I am fully recovered from it now thank you, just couldn't believe I was so cold in such a heat and never experienced it before and hope not to for a while.

I usually let symptoms go on too long cause think its always the fibro but at least should let the doc know of new symptoms im experiencing just for the record.

Its so difficult to deal with things on a daily basis that I am finding my humour waining with it all, but hey im still alive and need to give myself a kick up the bahooky sometimes. :-)
Diane64
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems