feet problems any shoe insert recommendations?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

feet problems any shoe insert recommendations?

Postby JDWench » Sat May 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Hello everyone!
Ok so not strictly fibromyalgia but it's all linked in my world. When I saw the gp she diagnosed tendonitis in my feet and legs and said "it's just a flare up.
She didn't actually look at my feet or legs and told me to get orthotic shoe inserts, whilst looking for these I found a picture of hammertoes which is identical to the mangled things I call feet. Can anyone recommend orthotics which would be good for all over tendon support? I have to hang on til Friday when I get paid and the pain is doing my head right in. I'd just like a bit of advice if anyone has similar problems.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: feet problems any shoe insert recommendations?

Postby denys » Sat May 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Have you tried the ones sold in sports shops :?: :?: :?: :?: just a thought as sporty people would need support for tendons etc. :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby perseus » Sun May 11, 2014 9:11 pm

I've had orthotics made on the NHS and by a chiropodist in the past, but the one's which worked best for plantar fasciitis and a neuroma & bursitis were the inserts I made up myself using rubber bits and tape stuck on the insole, sometimes using several insoles. The shoe or boot itself is important. That way you can keep modifying it to suit. In fact I've just used a extra layer of shock resistant memory foam today, I bought in aldi!

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/t ... insoles-1/

However, I'm not sure if it's the correct approach for your condition though. As you can see from my other post it didn't solve the bursitis & neuroma problem but just made it more manageable for a while.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Re: feet problems any shoe insert recommendpations?

Postby MissTLJ » Mon May 12, 2014 10:10 pm

Hello

I have custom made orthotics, I had to for my tendonitis, I had my first operation on my right ankle and foot in 2006, followed by an operation on my left ankle and foot in 2007, I was told by my consultant orthopaedic surgeon if I did not have the operations, I would end up in a wheelchair, do not get fobbed off by your GP ask to be referred to an orthopaedic surgeon. I live in Bristol, my orthopaedic surgeon was a Mr Ian Winson and my orthotist was Mr Mark Elmer.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last October and I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2003.
MissTLJ
UKFM Newbie

Postby JDWench » Tue May 13, 2014 10:32 am

Thank you, I spoke to my counsellor yesterday because I'm having a bit of trouble dealing with this rubbish illness, he's sent a letter to my gp. My Mum's booking me in with the podiatrist who goes to her old people because it's only £9. I was going to buy some cheap insoles and go back to the doctor saying they aren't working, I Know it's a bit of a lie but I can't afford good ones. Took me nearly seven years to be referred back to a rheumatologist with a five month wait after my gp appointment!
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby Richard elder » Fri May 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi I have just been to a podiatrist the physio made an appointment I had to wait for 6 months for my appointment I was given shaped insoles as I was told that I have flat feet to add to the ever growing list of problems I have the insoles are helping but I can only use them for short periods because I'm getting awful pain In my lower back
Richard elder
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems