Chest pains

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chest pains

Postby bracher1976 » Mon May 12, 2014 6:41 pm

I was diagnosed about a year ago and the thing that I find most difficult to deal with is the chest pains. I get scared I am having a heart attack although all ECG's have come back normal. Recently the chest pains occur every day and they can be severe at times. Does anyone have the same problem or coping strategies?
Thanks on advance
bracher1976
UKFM Newbie

Re: Chest pains

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Welcome to our FibroFamily. Just a quick one for now as I'm cooking dinner at the moment. There is a condition called Costochrondritis associated with FM that affects the rib cage area. Will be back shortly with a bit more info, dinner is calling me :-!

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 12, 2014 7:36 pm

This linky explains about Costochronditis. If it sounds something like what you have been experiencing, to see if it is what is causing your chest pain, a trip to your GP will be needed.

When you get a few minutes, if you want to pop over to Where To Say Hello and share a little of your life story, it would be nice to meet you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Mon May 12, 2014 8:14 pm

Always get checked out by your GP when new symptoms arise especially chest pains.

Costochondritis is an associated condition that i have also but recently i had been getting really severe chest pains mainly in the evening and at night and put up with them for a while not sure what was going on and if it was related...

Anyway turns out to be gallstones :shock: so always get checked out as a precaution.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby bracher1976 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Thank you for your replies. I am planning on seeing my GP this week so hopefully will get some answers.
I will definitely introduce myself as I would like to share my experiences with others so I do not feel alone!
bracher1976
UKFM Newbie

Postby angejane » Mon May 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi, I get pains in my chest too. I get pain on my sternum and my ribs are very painful when touched. Got told about two years ago it was costochondritis. Anyway I still have the pains but I have also read that people with fibro suffer this.
angejane
UKFM Newbie

Postby Leannellie » Tue May 13, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi.i was diagnosed with costochondritis a few months ago. I too thought I must be having heart attack the pain was so bad. I had many ecgs which were all fine after being admitted to hospital. It's just one of those unfortunate things we have to contend with. Get checked out tho as it is scary!!
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems