Muscle spasms

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Muscle spasms

Postby carlz25 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:34 am

Long story short....I hurt my bk in dec while putting my Xmas tree up, went to doc, they said muscle spasms gave me tablets and sent me to physio.

Physio worked with me for 13 weeks with my pain levels almost vanishing some weeks to others that I couldn't do anything and she couldn't touch me....she believes I might have two discs out and some damage to my pelvis, so again back to gp to be referred for MRI.

Gp was an ass basically left me thinking that she thought I was lying to try and leave work. She's made referral but still insists it's spasms.

Was just wondering does anyone get these and do they leave an unreal amount of pain when the spasm ends. I can't even walk round tesco without feeling my legs are going to go from under me. My son nearly wet himself at my antics the other day trying to lift my leg to get into the car........it's got beyond a joke now!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Re: Muscle spasms

Postby Theresa34 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:10 am

I cant believe that you weren't taken for an xray! Silly really. I've had back spasms this year and last. They don't come very often but they are absolutely horrific. I actually liken them to labour. It feels like its in my whole spine. I cant remember how long they last. I also get shooting pains in my back. This past weekend was the first time I got a spasm in my left thigh after a walk to loosen up. I've had an mri as rheumy thought I might have another condition but it was clear x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems