Pins & needles on one side

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pins & needles on one side

Postby Theresa34 » Sun May 25, 2014 9:03 pm

This really really scared me today :cry: First time this has happened. I have had pins and needles in my hands and or feet in the past but this appeared different. I was sitting in the sofa on my ipad. I suddenly felt this really string pins and needles sensation in my left two fingers, the pointing and middle ones. The sensation got stronger and stronger. Within a few seconds it then spread to my thumb then ring finger and pinky. As it was spreading I felt the same sensation in my left cheek then to my palm and halfway up my left arm. The pins and needles were very very strong. So much so, that my fingers curled a little into my palm. I'm not sure how long in total this lasted, but it was under and hour. I also got a dull headache after.

I googled stroke because thats what I thought could be happening, but I am ok now. I don't know if its fibro or meds or what. Just got really scared :cry:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: Pins & needles on one side

Postby redhead » Sun May 25, 2014 11:19 pm

I've had pins and needles a few years now, I get it in my whole arm and leg and it goes all numb, think its the fibro but got arthritis to so not sure x
redhead
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Mon May 26, 2014 8:17 am

I often lose the left side of my body, in fact it is normal for me to feel like that, but i had a new sensation yesterday i felt like i had been rolled in fibre glass and was prickly all over - very odd. Beverley
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:51 am

redhead wrote:I've had pins and needles a few years now, I get it in my whole arm and leg and it goes all numb, think its the fibro but got arthritis to so not sure x

I have arthritis too, but I am told its in remission...
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue May 27, 2014 12:36 am

Get it checked out with your doc
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Theresa34 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:31 am

Thanks for the replies. I feel ok now but if it happens again I will seek help. I see my rheumy in Sept.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue May 27, 2014 4:32 pm

I wouldnt wait for it to happen again make an appointment with your GP make sure it isnt your BP
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems