Breathing !!!!!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Breathing !!!!!!

Postby kazza65 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:50 pm

I'm just wondering if anybody has had any problems with there breathing.

Today and the other week i noticed that my breathing was funny i was a just sat on my sofa and i suddenly start with funny breathing it felt like i had done some running and i was panting and sweaty/clammy feeling. Also i have noticed a few times i have woken in the night with like a choking sensations but i wasn't.

Has anybody experienced anything like this or is it just another thing with fibro... I'm going to doctor on Friday so i will mention it to him.
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Re: Breathing !!!!!!

Postby whoami » Mon May 26, 2014 9:36 pm

Waking up in the night withe team feeling you are choking or gasping for air is a symptom of sleep apnea. Do you snore? Definitely mention it to the Dr.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Theresa34 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Kaz thats what happens when I have an anxiety attack, hun x I havent had one in ages. My breathing steadily gets faster, I start getting a headache by the end, I also get hot and clammy, my heart hammers in my chest etc. They first started when my hubby and I were going through a really rough patch a few years ago, so sure it was an emotional trigger then. Since the Ive had it in the kids school when in their smaller hall. It might be my claustrophobia then. It only happens when there are loads of kids piled in and the curtains are closed. Scares the heck out of me. I always have to talk myself down from them which is very difficult.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:07 pm

whoami

Yes i do snore and my husband say when i start snoring i flutter my lips. So i'm defiantly going to mention that about the what you have said about sleep apena.

thanks for your answers xxx
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby cazonline » Wed May 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Breathing what breathing. My case lack of. I was going to go on hear just to off load I hope you don't mind :crazy:

I have ended up in hospital 3 times in the last two mths. First time couldn't breath got told had a chest infection. Sent home the next day. Again couldn't talk as kept gasping for air ands on this occasion black out. Went to Dr next day was again rush to hospital. This time was told had pnemonia. Placed on steriods, steriod inhalers, antibiotics in hospital the wk. I had a lung volume check which is showing restrictive lung disease. As of last wk again same thing happened not been able to breath. Back in hospital again on steriods etc. To cut this down Ive ask why am I on inhalers and not one one the consultants can tell me why. I was never on them before this breathing problems. I contacted my Fibro physio lady and she was the one who said with my body having been through so much in the last few wks it could be that the Fibro is contributing to the breathing problems. So for me I do think Fibro is a right pain in the lungs :nono:

I actually got told last wk by the Docs I wasnt fit enough to fly this wk for my hols to Tunisia. Well lungs or no lungs I'm off.
There we go rant over.

Hi everyone sorry about that just needed to get it off my chest :-P
cazonline
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems