Incontinence :/

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Incontinence :/

Postby zoomie » Fri May 30, 2014 11:23 am

Ladies, I've been using tena ladies for a while but just recently they are not enough, my bladder spasms so me emptying my bladder properly and then I tend to have one that lets it all go at once, leaving me in a puddle.... can anyone recommend a washable your Matt for the bed as I'm currently using towels and getting sore. Also, for bigger pads can I buy them or would the doctor prescribe them?

Thank you for any help x
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Re: Incontinence :/

Postby lindauk1 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:37 am

hi yes i get that too but i get pads delivered look for number of your local incontinent team and they will deliver your pads once they access which pads you need so dont waste your money good luck, ;-)
lindauk1
UKFM Member

Postby zoomie » Fri May 30, 2014 11:52 am

Linda - thank you darlin :) x
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby lindauk1 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:36 pm

thats ok i now have a hospital bed district nurse sorted it out it so can just wipe mattress off wit sponge also the socil services came and assessed me for anything i need adaptions and equipment you have to get everything you need.
gentle hugs linda
lindauk1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 30, 2014 1:17 pm

Making an appt with your GP might be worth considering zoomie. There can be a number of causes behind incontinence, and there are also a number of ways in which it can be manged/treated very effectively. I appreciate that this is a rather :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: subject to bring up. If you find it difficult, try writing some notes down, and ordering them into what makes sense for you. You can then take them with you to act as a reminder/prompt, or if things are too uncomfortable to bring up, give your sheet of notes to your GP to read, and take things from there.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby redhead » Fri May 30, 2014 3:28 pm

I have this to and need the loo every ten minutes! doctor said its an over active bladder but a lot of fibro sufferers seem to have this to! just seem to go round in circles and never get a diffinative answer!
redhead
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri May 30, 2014 4:06 pm

One of the side effects of Amitriptyline, Gabapentin and Pregabalin is incontinence, the higher the dose the worse the problem can be. I would read the small print on any and all medication you are taking and see what they say.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby zoomie » Sat May 31, 2014 12:53 pm

Thank you, I have a doctor's app next Friday, so well see if I can muster up the will to tell him about it... my hubby always comes with me so I might ask him to prompt me if I don't say anything :oops:
I've been through my medications and its not listed as a side effect, I hope it's not a surgery thing as 6 ops in the last two years and already waiting for number 7 :roll: takes me ages to recover! Xxx Thank you all xxX
zoomie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems