weak ligaments/joints

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

weak ligaments/joints

Postby JDWench » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:57 am

I know that 1/3 of us hms sufferers get landed with fibro which sucks!
Yesterday I wasn't wearing boots (very rare) I was wearing those pointless dolly shoes. Anyway, my ankle randomly gave way two or three times and this morning my foot was hurting but there is mo swelling. When I was putting my socks on I heard a pop and now I can't hold my foot straight! It hurts like hell too but I'm assuming it's ligaments. Off to a&e just to get it checked and probably strapped up.
Does anyone else suffer like this? My hms isn't severe so my joints twist and my ligaments are weak but I'm lucky enough not to dislocate frequently. Does anyone know if it can worsen with age?
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: weak ligaments/joints

Postby Lindilou » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 am

What was the diagnosis at A&E :?:
Lindilou

Re: weak ligaments/joints

Postby dazzleship » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:22 am

hi JDWench - hope you got on ok at the hospital and youre not in too much pain :hugs:

in answer to your question does anyone else have this - well my ankles are always giving way, they have done all my life. never been able to wear high heels cos I just end up in a heap on the ground

(I will never forget the time about 20 years ago I was walking down the street in maybe 1.5 - 2 inch heels when suddenly my ankle gave way and I fell into the gutter) :roll:

I've recently been told I'm hypermobile (physio gave me 8/9 on the beighton score) but don't have an actual diagnosis of hypermobility syndrome yet. waiting for rhumatology appointment for that.

like you I've never dislocated anything. but my shoulders and knees have recently (last several months) developed a disturbing habit of feeling like they're sort of moving out of joint slightly. in fact physio told me I'm "not quite dislocating but". :shock:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems