painful and stiff hands and feet at night

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

painful and stiff hands and feet at night

Postby LYNPI » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi All

I'm still suffering with dreadful stiff and painful hands at night (the pain actually across the top of my hands around the knuckles) and around my elbows. Amazingly my feet also hurt across the top and also behind my knees. It is driving me mad. :sleep: :sleep: I wake up more tired than going to sleep :sleep: :sleep:

I normally wake up with the pain each night and sometimes can not get back to sleep (drives my husband insane).

Does anyone else have problems with this and have they cured it? I was prescribed gabpentin but ended up having nightmares so stopped it.

Many thanks

Linda
LYNPI
UKFM Member

Re: painful and stiff hands and feet at night

Postby Debs1967 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:29 am

Hey there Linda

I think we all have varying degrees of pain in more or less the 4 quarters of our body, sometime worse in certain areas than others.

I feel pain all over, but in me over the past few years it has intensified in my lower arms and hands with swelling and in my calves and feet with swelling, they cramp and tighten with exercise and the pain keeps me awake at night.

The best I can offer is to take (if you can) your painkillers.

Kind regards
Debs1967
UKFM Member

Postby LYNPI » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:51 pm

Thanks for replying Debs. I tried Naproxen (and also started Amitriptaline) a couple of nights ago and this really helped.

I feel so sorry for you.

One of my friends was told to drink, I think it was tonic water. You have to check that it has quinine in it. This really helped her cramps.

Take care

Linda
LYNPI
UKFM Member

Postby Debs1967 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Glad the medication is Helping you Linda

Take Care

Debs

PS, the doctor actually started me on 300mg of quinine every other day about 10 days ago, not doing much yet, but I think it takes a while to build up
Debs1967
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems