TMJ

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

TMJ

Postby AndrewK » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Does anyone else suffer with teeth not fitting and jaw issues? It feels like someone has replaced my teeth while I sleep and my bite is all wrong
AndrewK
UKFM Member

Re: TMJ

Postby ToughCookie » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi

I have similar problems to this. My jaws don't fit together the way they should, my top jaw is too long and my bottom jaw is too short. Along with this my jaws are very slightly lopsided. To correct this I'm having brace treatment and surgery to realign the jaws.

Have you had any Xrays or anything to check the alignment of your jaws?
Nicola - 21- South Wales - diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 05/2014. - Also have -Crohns - Asthma- Coeliac disease - Osteopenia - High blood calcium - Tachycardia
ToughCookie
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:50 pm

I've had this since I was a teen. I remember having a dental check up as a kid and it being mentioned i grind my teeth. My mum once mentioned that I do this in my sleep. Then as a teen my jaw started to get clicky. Now its pretty bad and I have to be careful when I yawn as it feels like I pull a muscle in it when my mouth is too open. I also have to unhinge it in order to open wide too.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 pm

My TMJ is in a huge flare at the moment. My jaw is in spasm and i cannot close my mouth :roll: looking like i will need to visit my dentist to get malnipulated and some muscle relaxents :roll: i do have a mouth guard to which helps the majority of the time but its decided to spasm.

My bite has always been overlapping. The top ones over the bottom but which i cannot close at all atm and if i eat im in soo much pain.

Its also giving me some headaches.

Your dentist can asses you and help with these issues
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby whoami » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:16 am

I have TMJ. I really watch what I eat as I know what will set it off and my jaw will lock. Be careful trying to unlock your jaw yourself. I have had a fracture from doing it.

My jaw is out of alignment but not as an over or under bite. It is out of alignment sideways. My jaw slides to the right a little over a quarter inch.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems