Painful Sternum

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Painful Sternum

Postby walterdog » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:08 am

I am wondering if any one has had problems with their sternum between rib cage. It seems that when I take any pain killers it swells up, I can feel it like a lump and I have excessive burping. I have had CFS for 8 years and was told I probably had FM as have had lots of burning and pain around body for last 8 months. My sternum is very swollen today and I cant fasen my bra any advice would be gratefully received 8-)
walterdog
UKFM Newbie

Re: Painful Sternum

Postby denys » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:54 pm

Go and get it checked out by your doc, never assume something is related to FM as there are so many symptoms that overlap with other conditions.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ouchisme » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:37 am

morning walter

i have the same sort of thing and went through the rigmolrol of tests in my stomach *tube down throat job* the worst one and stomach tabs the most ridiculous one tried *you never know*. I just get on with it now with no "you have xyz to add to your list". As i doubt it would be 'fixed' and don't have the energy getting in a tizz about it

if in doubt always get it checked
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby walterdog » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:12 am

Yes I have had the stomach camera earlier this year as I was finding it difficult to eat and losing weight quickly, they found nothing wrong. I did go to docs yesterday and they thought it was ibruprofen not agreeing with me and gave me some tablets to take with them to protect my stomach. Will let you know how I get on.
walterdog
UKFM Newbie

Postby ouchisme » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:10 pm

walterdog wrote:Yes I have had the stomach camera earlier this year as I was finding it difficult to eat and losing weight quickly, they found nothing wrong. I did go to docs yesterday and they thought it was ibruprofen not agreeing with me and gave me some tablets to take with them to protect my stomach. Will let you know how I get on.

thanks for the update, i had the ibbruproten thing too as i have been on them a very long time. Nothing doing tho
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems