Spleen

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Spleen

Postby Juliejim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi , new to this on here on behalf of my hubby has anyone had a large spleen .
If so what have you had done . Or as it been left .
We've found out my hubby has a large spleen and is going to hospital next week .
Juliejim
UKFM Newbie

Re: Spleen

Postby denys » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum I have never heard of an enlarged spleen being one of the symptoms of fibro so maybe its been caused be something else maybe the medication your husband is on :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: sorry I cant really help you at all
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Just googled it and from some of the reasearch they have done (how reliable the testing is debatable :!: :!: :!: ) and apparently approximately 0.02% of 139,000 people with fibro had an enlarged spleen and of those 100% were women so I wouldnt rely on the internet to give you any answers, maybe your husbands doctors will be able to explain to him how its come about :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Juliejim » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Thankyou for your comments .
We go Monday maybe we will get answer or not .
I'll let you know what they say thanks maybe it could help others
Juliejim
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Definitely let us know how you get on, even if it helps just 1 other person its worth it :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems