Bruising

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bruising

Postby Lorirach » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:45 pm

I have never been one to bruise particularly easily until recently. I am on 900mg Gabapentin, 1000mg naproxin and 20mg fluoxitine daily and wondering if it is a side effect of those? I recently fell down in the playground :oops: and although it wasn't a major fall and on grass, I was in so much pain and was black and blue afterwards - still am! I also keep finding bruises on my body that I have no idea where they came from or when!!

Anyone else getting bruising really easily? x
Lorirach
UKFM Member

Re: Bruising

Postby Lorirach » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:53 pm

ok, well I am really new to having fibromyalgia and a friend has just said that easy bruising is part OF FM, not the medication! Feel a bit silly now!! :oops: :oops:
Lorirach
UKFM Member

Re: Bruising

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Don't feel silly about asking something. FM affects us all very differently, so whilst something may be due to FM for some, for others the reason could be a completely different and unrelated one.

For some FM does seem to make them bruise more easily. However, some of us bruised very easily before FM even started appearing. This is the case for me. As a child the slightest bump would leave it's very noticeable mark on me, and I often had a number of bruises in some rather random places, such as on the side of a foot, just above where the sole is. Each bruise was at slightly different colour stages as they came out, and then eventually started to fade.

With FM getting a hold of things, I now seem to bruise even more easily, and they seem spread even further out, as well as take longer to fade. My worst one was from the doglet bumping into my calf. From my knee to about three quarters of the way down my calf I was an array of beautiful shades of purple for several weeks.

There can be other causes of bruising tho, which can incl medication, signs/symptoms of illness such as problems with the way blood clots, eating disorders, Cirrhosis of the liver and a host of other ones.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems