injuries caused by doing nothing and on going issues

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

injuries caused by doing nothing and on going issues

Postby heatherjswiegers » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:34 am

Hello
I have suffered with continues injuries and I have not done any thing to cause it.
I have suffered numerous stress fractures on my left foot and one stress fracture on my right foot.
I have had two bone density scans, countless blood tests and no cause can be found.

I have pulled muscles, got water on the muscles. Strained and sprained areas of my body and have not done some thing physicals to cause it.

I have bruises that appear with no cause. I have sores that take months to heal and then scare.

I have also had countless infections in my left elbow.

I have had surgeries and the heeling takes months to heal and do not seem to make the symptoms go away. My relief is always short lived.

Have had injection into both wrist, injections only last about two weeks. I have had surgery on my right wrist I am now still not recovered but things are so much worse than ever. The doctor is shocked at recovery time as it is taking far longer that it should. My hand is now worse than ever.

I feel as though some one is cutting through my bones or scraping my bones.

Has any one suffered from similar symptoms and or injuries?
heatherjswiegers
UKFM Member

Re: injuries caused by doing nothing and on going issues

Postby Lindilou » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:29 am

No I have not, well not yet anyway - yikes !

This must be awful for you, esp not knowing why, I imagine that not knowing is prob the worst. Just replying anyway then you are aware that someone has made some kind of a response. :hugs:
Lindilou

Postby heatherjswiegers » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:34 am

[list=][/list]
Just an update on my foot surgery. Eleven months waiting list. I will have my operation this year, maybe next.
Waiting for my big toe to be re-alined and pinned. Plates to be put on both stress fracture areas hoping this will stop any further stress fractures and less pain.

I did mention to the lady that have been waiting three years to have some relief for my foot.

Thank you for your comments
Last edited by heatherjswiegers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heatherjswiegers
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:54 pm

The extent of your injuries will not be FM related though they can be caused through slips, trips and falls although you say you havent done anything like that to cause them. The length of recovery time needed though can be linked as can ongoing worsening pain in those sites.

I hope they can sort you out very soon :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems