Heart palpitations/chest pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Heart palpitations/chest pain

Postby frankie23 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:14 pm

I have been having heart palpitations and chest pain for about 4 years now, intermittently. It varies from it feeling like my heart has just missed a beat or two to having 10+ minutes of my heart beating very hard, fast with chest pain that makes it difficult to breath and I get a pain that goes down the right side of my jaw, neck, collar bone and down the top part of my arm. The longer episodes have happened 4 times now.

The first doctor I ever mentioned this to a couple of years ago said to me something along the lines of "the pain isn't on your left side so there's no need to worry."

These longer episodes have happened twice this year and I have noticed I am getting an awful lot more palpitations (anywhere from once/twice a month up to multiple times in a single day) so I went back to a different doctor and I am being sent to a cardiologist, however I have seen that palpitations can be another symptom of fibromyalgia. I have had a blood test which showed I had "very low" iron levels which can cause palpitations, however I give blood regularly and this is the first time in a few years that my iron has been abnormal. My palpitations have also continued since taking iron supplements so I know it's not that.

I was wondering if anyone else gets palpitations that they think are related to having fibromyalgia and also if anyone experiences longer episodes of the heart beating quickly with the chest pain. I am not sure if this is also considered a palpitation or not.
frankie23
UKFM Newbie

Re: Heart palpitations/chest pain

Postby Diane64 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi, yea I have been getting palpitations for the past 7 weeks, they had got to the stage last week they were totally distracting. I had a E.C.G on Wednesday at it came back fine, it may be one of any 5 tablets I take in a day so doc has suggested I take them at different times instead of all at once and see when/if get palpitations with whatever ive taken.

if that doesn't work its prob the fibro and have been given beta blockers to take.

I had same problem a couple of years ago but identified it to the blood pressure tabs so these were changed to a different one.

Are you on any medication that you think might cause palpitations?
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:52 pm

I hope you get some relief soon and the reason can be discovered :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby frankie23 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:37 pm

I have just started taking vitamin d and iron because I'm deficient in both but aside from that I'm not on anything.

I've been getting them for years now, it happened again about an hour ago where my heart jumped and it only last about 2 seconds but then my whole body went tingly.

I've had two ECG's so far but they both showed nothing, my doctor has referred me to a cardiologist and to have one of those 24 hour things that will record my heart but that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet!

Why can't fibro just be simple, like a one pill fits all kind of thing?!
frankie23
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:36 am

frankie23 wrote:I've had two ECG's so far but they both showed nothing, my doctor has referred me to a cardiologist and to have one of those 24 hour things that will record my heart but that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet!

Why can't fibro just be simple, like a one pill fits all kind of thing?!

How wonderful would it be if FM was a one pill fits all type of problem, we can hope and dream and fairy_dust fairy_dust fairy_dust that it will happen one day :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

It can take a few weeks for appts to come thru Frankie. You could always check with your GP surgery to see when our referral was sent off. Or speak to the Cardiology people, they might be able to give you an idea of when you might be seen.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:19 pm

It would be glorious to have a 'one pill fits all' as Fluppy said we can only wait and hope, keep on wishing it might happen one day :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Diane64 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:26 pm

Hey there,

Not too sure how long I had to wait for the 24 hour ecg a couple of years ago, but even though palpitations were bad it showed nothing untowards.

I just got my prescription today for the beta blockers, I don't think now its the meds as had palpitations all day yesterday and had not even taken my tabs till later.. would love a one pill fits all!! :-)
Diane64
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems