Memory problems and sleep walking

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Memory problems and sleep walking

Postby lolabolla » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi all,

We lost my cousin last week due to a brain anyorism (spelling), he was only 39. My aunt had to phone the police to break in, he had probably been dead for 3 days, he died alone.

I have been busy looking after my aunts cats while she went to stay with her daughter in Plymouth. I've hoovered from top to bottom and filled her fridge and cooked her some meals for when she returned home. She is back home now as the funeral will be taking place on Wednesday.

Daisy my little French bulldog slipped on our wet kitchen floor and tore a ligament in her knee, £800 op and several trips to the vets last week to

The stress, or it could be a recent carpel tunnel operation that I had a couple of weeks ago has brought on a massive flare.

What is worrying me more than anything is that on Friday I sleep walked, went downstairs to let my Daisy out and I left her outside and went back to bed after locking the door.

Fortunately, my elderly mother heard Daisy crying and went down to let her in again at 3 in the morning. I have no recollection of doing any of this, I would never leave either of my dogs outside alone.

Then last night I phoned my aunt to have a natter, she was busy and said that she would call me back....she didn't call back so this morning I called 1471 to check if she had phoned when I had gone to bed. She had phoned at 8.30 while I was still downstairs so I assumed that there must be a problem with the phone.

Later this morning I phoned her again to apologise for missing her call only for her to say that I had answered the phone last night and we had arranged that she would come over for lunch today.

For the life of me I have no recollection of speaking to her, what the heck is happening to me.

I do have a little history of sleep walking but this is the worse episode ever.

Maybe I should go see my GP

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Re: Memory problems and sleep walking

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:50 pm

It sounds like everything is trying to catch you up all at once Lola :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Sorry to hear it was time for your cousin to return to the angels :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Hope Daisy is well on her way to recovery after her op and will soon be back to :dogrun1:

It might be worth seeing your GP about how things seem to be affecting you, there may be something available or that can be done to help with matters until you find yourself feeling more like your usual self :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lolabolla » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:03 am

Thanks for replying Flupp,

I think you may be right re everything catching up with me. I'll make an appointment today to see one of my GP's

I suffer with the fibro fog but this has got me beat, I haven't slept 'properly' in years.

Daisy is progressing well after her surgery last Tuesday. She is meant to be resting but it has been so difficult preventing her from tearing around our home like she usually does.

Back to my lovely vet Neo, on Thursday to have her stiches out. How I stop myself from drooling :oops: when I see him I just don't :oops: know

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:16 am

Do you have a crate where you could put Daisy for some time thru the day to make her have some rest??? Or a baby gate to keep her in one room for a while, or a playpen~type of thing that could be set up for her to go in for a while.

Thursday's trip to the vets sounds like it will be an interesting, possibly slightly soggy one :-D :-D :-D

Maybe when things start to settle back down into something more like your usual routine and ways of doing things, you'll find that the fog starts lifting, taking the sleep walking and phone issues with it :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate]
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:53 am

dear Lola,

sorry to hear of all that is going on :hugs:
don't drool too much over dishy Neo :coffee_cup: , someone else might slip :twodrinking2:

can't remember but do you take something for sleep ie zopiclone?
I do take that and live on my own (so no idea what is going on in my house ...)
but a friend told me some stories, commented with something similar to "you miss half of the fun" and a winking eye ;-)
that when she has no memory/recollection but her family tells her what was going on the night before
just a thought
maybe the combi of zopi and stress does play these tricks?

defo go and see your GP

good to see you around :blowkiss:
best wishes
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby lolabolla » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:50 am

Hi Lu

Thanks for answering.

Re my medication, I only take ami's 20mg at night, duloxetine and pregabalin plus pain patches 15mg slow release.

I've been on this mixture for over eighteen months now and have never had problems like this.

I saw my GP yesterday, not one of the regular GP's may I add. It was a bit of a waste of time I feel because she just seems to think it's to do with my thyroid. My thyroid function was checked in March and my levels were perfect then, I have never had any problems with my thyroid.

I mentioned that my migraines have been worse over the past year but she didn't seem to want to venture down that route. I also mentioned that I am going days without sleep yet she didn't prescribe any mendication to help me sleep.

During the whole consultation I was in floods of tears and sweating profusely. Other than that she said I should get some bereavement counselling and have some bloods done again to check thyroid levels again.

It does worry me though that my late uncle and his son my late cousin both died of the same medical condition, a brain anyerism (spelling) in their thirties.

I think I will book another appointment with one of my regular GP's

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:17 am

LOLA......sorry to hear of all the sad things going on in your life. It sounds like your body is telling you that you need a rest.

I know you are frustrated but try not to dismiss the Dr's concern about your thyroid. Your thyroid can do some strange things to your body if it is out of sorts. This Dr is possibly looking a little deeper into your levels.

I feel for your family for losing someone so young. We had a cousin pass at age 36 with a brain aneurysm. The family were to return to England on the Friday and he was working his last shift Thursday evening. It was sad when two weeks later his family returned home to England without him.

Try to rest, if you feel more comfortable with your own Dr, make an appointment to discuss findings.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:52 pm

Lola love, :blowkiss:

if possible I avoid going to any other gp then my usual
it is a waste of time otherwise :pcsmash:
thou I do understand that they want to start from scrap and come to their own conclusion
but I am not willing to do that again and again :nono:
esp when I can have an appointment with my regular etc

thyroid combined with sweating rings a bell thou

being in distress already :yikes: and than having to face another of those appointments where we are not believed adds just more distress ... :scream-1:
well, that's my opinion anyway

try to relax, my dear, and ask your regular for some help for sleep :sleep:
might be to tweak around with your meds :easter3: and/or to up your amis?

hope you will find some restoring sleep tonight :snore1:
:hugs:
blessings
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby lolabolla » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Awww.... :flowers: thanks Lou
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems