New symptoms

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New symptoms

Postby robbiecramp » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi guys not sure if in right section but please move me to right section.

Been on here a few months but do not get on as much as I would like to as am getting new symptoms that I am not sure are FM related.

Pain in my hand constantly I have to wear hand supports. Pain all over that I know is related.

I have noticed that I get spasms in my hands legs feet and every part of them shake uncontrobablly. I don't think it epilepsy as am on Gabapentin and have been for over 2 months started about a month ago.
Had eye test 2 months ago was checked for MS told no in vision as could not find anything but since got new glasses at times things are really b;lurred I gone from balanced lenses to just left lens. after 2 months shouldn't be happening.
I am getting really more anxious and panicky I wont go out now unless I am with someone. I would rather stay in house for days on end and only outside pursuits are sitting in garden.
my balance is really bad especially at nightime after tea time meds.
I am really frightened I have an additional condition

anybody help please

Robbie
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Re: New symptoms

Postby denys » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:15 am

Hi Robbie have moved you into here as its a more suitable place, because Gabapentin is a med used in the treatment of epilepsy it can cause tremors etc in non-epileptic people. That said I take Pregablin as couldnt tolerate Gabapentin and I have to use a stick for my balance as I tend to fall a lot and I also get tremors and shakes.

If I were you I would go back to your docs and get everything checked out, regarding your blurry eyes, I have now got 4 pairs of glasses that I swap round as my eyesight alters daily sometimes hourly, its not fun to have to deal with but my optician thinks its the muscles around the eyes being affected by FM

Your anxiety needs to be calmed and hopefully the doc can do this for you as you can end up in a vicious circle with FM feeding off your anxiety and everything escalating sending some gentle :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and hoping you can get some relief quickly
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:16 am

Two years ago I started having non epileptic fits. I cant remember for how long they went on for. I ended up having a check on my brain and the lady managed to induce one there and then. Nothing was wrong with my brain and it wasn't epilepsy. They said it was from the stress I had been having at home. There is a support forum with people having these. My whole body would tense then shake. I would be fully aware of my surroundings and I would be extremely tired afterwards. They've since stopped as quickly as they started. I don't know if its because I learnt to control them. Thankfully they're gone. I wasn't on any meds at the time. I was only diagnosed with fm this year.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:50 am

Not much more that I can add to what has already been said. I'm with Denys about getting things checked out. At the very least, it might help ease your worries about there being something else at work.

There seems to be a good number of us using relaxation techniques, mindfulness practises, meditation and other similar things at the moment, maybe it's something that you cook look into to see if it helps you feel a little calmer and less worried about things. It's amazing what can be achieved in a few minutes when you find the right thing for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:27 am

I agree with all of the above.

I worked myself up into a right state when I first got ill.

Whenever anyone mentioned relaxation techniques I thought they were being ridiculous! I try to use breathing techniques a lot now.

Get yourself to the drs, let them know your concerns.

But most of all really really try to not get worked up over it (at least until you have reason to be!)

Two years ago I started having non epileptic fits. I cant remember for how long they went on for. I ended up having a check on my brain and the lady managed to induce one there and then. Nothing was wrong with my brain and it wasn't epilepsy. They said it was from the stress I had been having at home. There is a support forum with people having these. My whole body would tense then shake. I would be fully aware of my surroundings and I would be extremely tired afterwards. They've since stopped as quickly as they started. I don't know if its because I learnt to control them. Thankfully they're gone. I wasn't on any meds at the time. I was only diagnosed with fm this year.

I had these too and was told the same thing, the brain was just overwhelmed and it was kind of rebooting.

If there is something going on you want drs to find the answers, so you need to be calm, otherwise they will tell you is anxiety and if there is an underlying cause it will take even longer to find it :yikes:

Sorry if you can't make sense of all that, I'm feeling a bit foggy but hopefully you can get something positive from it :oops:
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems