vulval pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

vulval pain

Postby soretro » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:38 am

Hi there,
just did asearch for vulvodynia on the forum as I'm experiencing the same problem: vulvodynia - it just started out of the blue about 6 weeks ago. I have the pain continually. I'm still trying to work out how to deal with it :-) Researching etc.
At the moment I'm just applying lidocaine cream with a high % dose - 10%!
I see you posted in 2012 - I hope your pain has passed in this time.
What treatments did you manage to find that worked for you?
Gentle hugs to you :-)
soretro
UKFM Member

Re: vulval pain

Postby denys » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:40 pm

I am going to merge the 2 topics Soreto so there is no confusion
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby soretro » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:53 am

Why merge them - what's the confusion? I would prefer the post I made yesterday to be kept separate rather than linked to a post from TWO YEARS ago! Please can you unmerge them, I don't see the point of making my new post entry a comment on a post from TWO YEARS ago. There are 26 entries which come up from a search on 'vulvodynia' on this forum - does this mean you will merge all of them if I comment on any more?!
Gentle hugs :-)
soretro
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:27 pm

You made comments on the post from 2 years ago and then made a new topic post about the same problem, if you hadnt commented on the first one it wouldnt have been bumped up and show in the new posts.

I will undo the merge if that is what you want but will delete the comment you made on the old post so that it sinks back down. The confusion comes from your name being attached to both so you may not get many replies
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby soretro » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Actually, I made my own post first and then much later did a search on 'vulvodynia' using the FM forum's search tool - to see if anyone else had ever posted about the condition. There were 26 previous posts that came up in search results from this key word. I then replied to a post which had originally been made two years ago, as I was specifically curious to see if the OP had found any solutions since her original posting :-)

I'm sure there must be several similar posts (ie same topics) that must reappear over the years - I see that happening all the time in Facebook support groups :-)
I have no idea how this forums work technically, but I'm surprised I can't make my own topic posting and also leave a comment on a similar post topic at the same time! :-) Does this mean I cannot comment on any other posting in the history of this forum that has the same topic as something I may choose to write about? Seems a bit counter-intuitive when the goal of a forum is to share information :-) However, once again, I appreciate that there must be technical reasons why you are saying I cannot do this.

If you are saying I have to choose, I would prefer to leave my original post up, even if no-one responds! Thank you :-) Gentle hugs :-)
soretro
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Its not that you cant soretro, its just we try not to have topics on the same subject running at the same time as people will post on one but then perhaps ignore the other (thats were the confusion comes in) and we want you to get the most up to date answers that you can.

The problem is that the OP may not come on the site anymore so you may not ever find out if there was an answer to the question, I will unmerge them as that is what you want but as I said I need the other topic to drop back down, more for your sake than anyone elses as we want you to get the help you need as quickly and as easily as possible.

Sorry you didnt like my actions, but it was done with your interest at heart
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems