Foot pain!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Foot pain!

Postby pvbyford » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:45 am

Hi,My name is Poppy and I am new to this website and it has taken a long time to get my head around joining. I have had a battle for an diagnosis for over two years, finally about 3 months ago i was diagnosed with Fibro and ME. I am 23 and live in Northamptonshire, my live has literally been turned upside down and im all over the place. So now im here and trying unsuccessfully to make a new life all together.

My symptoms:

- Severe pain in my legs and feet.
- Tight band and pain around my upper arm.
- Extreme fatigue
- Temperature intolerance
- sensitive skin
- migraines
- general feeling unwell inside
- stiffness
- muscle twitching and jerking

and the list goes on.

I wondered if anyone gets such agonizing pain in the feet, to the point you cant stand or walk on them. Whether they have any tips or if theres any pain relief that helps? I am on gabapentin and Dehydrocodiene but nether help my feet, they do however help the leg pain. I am getting to the point where i cant take the pain in my feet anymore and going to break me if i cant find something to help! i would be really grateful.

Thankyou all.

sending my love to all suffering

Poppy
Lots of love

Poppy

:)
pvbyford
UKFM Member

Re: Foot pain!

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:02 pm

Yes I do get bad foot pain , sometimes it last for weeks getting. Out of bed is the worst time for me .then out of the blue it goes and I may have killing back pain or rib pain.u just never no what your going to feel like one day to the next,
I ATM have very bad shakes I look like I need a drink lol I don't even drink .
Don't try to battle all the fibro demons all at once while you find your feet try a day at a time , for me sitting around makes me stiff and very sore skin so I does up and move myself .
I do rest for an hours lunch and the. Do alittle more.
I hate the flu feeling the most ,I've cut right back on my meds how long it will last I can't say but it's good to give the body a rest from blinking pills xxx
Chin up girl and welcome abroad the crappy boat HMS titanic lol
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Ali170 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi
yes I get very bad pain in my feet, usually one at a time, also left upper thigh and upper back. It tends to last about 24 hours, the only thing that takes it away is Diclofenac 75mg slow release. As you are young you can take these, not recommended for the over 60's. Sounds like a trip back to your GP is needed, I know the aches, flu like symptoms fatigue etc., are hard to treat but no one should be in agony for as long as you have been.

Good luck, I hope you get this sorted, sending gentle hugs x
Ali170
UKFM Member

Postby prettymama58 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:24 pm

I have horrendous feet pain, some mornings I'm actually crying with it, I've had fibro for 13 years now but the foot pain only for 2 years, doc told me it was police mans heal and wud go in 6 months, we'll no it won't, I still have it, I've tried all sorts of dif shoes, nothing works, think we are all just left to gt on with it cos docs etc don't have the answers either, xx
prettymama58
UKFM Newbie

Postby Erica23 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:36 pm

I too get all the symptoms that you describe and many more.The past week was particulary painful as nearly my whole body ached..my right side from head to toe was painful on top of which I was heat sensitive and itched all over..i felt soo defeated.Sometimes my foot hurt soo much and it then also feels like it's on fire and with pain up my leg;it's a nightmare!I have discovered however that walking helps a lot for some of the pain that I get especially foot-pain.I find that even tho it's painful when I first set off, after a while it seems ok.I normally get a "feel good"feeling the day after.I was in soo much pain Fri. and Sat..not too bad on Sun and had a very challenging walk up Arthur's seat,Edinburgh on Sun..so far..pain not too bad,only minor dull ache but started to itch all over again.Sending gentle hugs
Erica23
UKFM Newbie

Postby Diane64 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Hey there, could you ask your Doctor for a referral to a podiatrist, I have suffered this for 2 years and just put it down to the fibro, when I spoke to my Doctor he thought it was plantar fasciitis which the podiatrist confirmed it was.

I have to do specific excercises to stretch the tissue which has went really tight., it also gives me calf pain and sciatic nerve pain, my feet swell, get cramps and toes crack when walking, yea morning is the worst or after I have sat down for a while.

I wouldn't say I have it all day everyday as eases off eventually but when its sore its mega sore..
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:00 pm

My feet used to be horrendous first thing in the morning. But since being on Amitriptyline they're much better. Not completely but a lot better. As is the stiffness first thing. I get bad feet when I've been on them for too long and they swell up but thats my arthritis doing that.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby LMS5 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi. I have the same symptoms. My feet were very painful & tender, it was very uncomfortable to wear shoes/stand/walk. The medication helps most symptoms but didn't help with the foot pain. I tried acupuncture which didn't help. I have found that only reflexology has helped with considerably reducing the foot pain plus I've learned put my feet up at every opportunity. I've also finally found a shoe supplier that does shoes that are comfortable (very soft & roomy) so I now find I can walk without my feet being painful. Good luck finding something that works for you.
LMS5
UKFM Newbie

Postby scoke » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:42 pm

I had, and still occasionally get, very bad foot pain. I was eventually diagnosed with plNtar fasciitis and bought several different shoe inserts for my heels before I was told. Needed to support my insteps rather than pad my heels and it made an immediate and distinct difference - I have found the best for me (bearing in mind there are better and more personalised but much more expensive) are footmedics which cradle the heel and instep. They help so much that I can go a day or so without them ( so I can still occasionally wear an open heel sandal) now after having used them for a couple of years. I certainly found that my mood lifted when. Paws at last without the constan foot pain - it was making my life a misery because anytime I tried to go out to try do something normal to make me feel more human I would end up almost in tears at times. I do hope you manage to find something that helps
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi pvbyford and welcome aboard! Do have the planter fasciitis checked out as i had the same thing and with stretching and anti-inflamitories it cleared up. Now you would do yourself a great favour to have your hormone levels and your PH levels looked at as these two things are usually affected by fibro and that includes vitamin "D" as this is also a hormone and when compromised will caused you to come down with colds, flu and bone loss and so on.. this is very important and has made a big difference in my life! The PH test will tell you if your uric acid level is too high and your body cannot regulate the uric acid and the kidneys don't flush the excess uric acid out causing trememdous pain and discomfort (see pins and needles and sharp shooting pain) and possibly leading to gout and can also cause one to feel achy all over!
Good luck and gentle hugs to all!
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby pvbyford » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Thank you to everyone who has replied.

I can see a lot of people suffer some kind of foot pain which is awful, i do hope everyone gets some kind of solution themselves.
my next step will have to be asking my gp about this 'plantar fascitis' and go from there. I have read about it but it doesn't stand out to me with my symptoms to match but who knows. I have had lots and lots of blood tests for a whole range of things. I have a low white blood cell count which is monitored but no idea why. Im going to a pain clinic in a month im hoping they can give me something for pain, fingers crossed, its my last hope. has anyone else been to a pain clinic? are they any good?

wishing you better wellbeing.
Lots of love

Poppy

pvbyford
UKFM Member

Postby Hholding » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi, my advice would be to be very, very careful with painkillers, there are lots of side affects, some of them very serious. Don't forget that, as Fibro is a chronic syndrome, you are likely to need to find very long term means of managing your symptoms.
I suffer from acute hand & and foot pain, amongst a plethora of the other symptoms. Amitryptiline in very small doses at night is helpful with this, as is a product called Biofreeze, which cools the hands & feet with menthol, I find it invaluable.
Most useful of all, as it draws out the toxins from the whole body, including your hands & feet, is an Epsom Salts bath, Google 'the best ever Epsom salts bath' for the recipe, soak every night, and morning too if you need it, and you will feel relief almost straight away.
Hholding
UKFM Newbie

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Hholding wrote:Most useful of all, as it draws out the toxins from the whole body, including your hands & feet, is an Epsom Salts bath, Google 'the best ever Epsom salts bath' for the recipe, soak every night, and morning too if you need it, and you will feel relief almost straight away.

Hi, where do you get your Epsom salts from?

I've been in to a few chemists and told they don't sell them anymore and to try a hardware store!!
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:09 pm

Lisa you can get the salts from Amazon x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby pvbyford » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:08 pm

I read about those salts I'm going to check it out on amazon now and will give a gd go. Thankyou for the advise, I have that bio freeze but it never seemed to help. Weird how we can all have the same problem but not one thing alone can help all

Much love and hugs to all
Lots of love

Poppy

pvbyford
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems