Foot pain!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Foot pain!

Postby krysta » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:30 pm

I've had fibro for 12 years and 4 years ago I was diagnosed with Neuropathy in both feet. I was told the the nerve endings had died and I don't have sensation in my feet. I have always to wear slippers or shoes as any injury to the soles of my feet I would not feel i.e. a pin nail glass stones etc.

I don't have pains in my feet but I do get horrific pains in my legs. I can't walk far and am in a wheelchair now.
krysta
UKFM Member

Postby pvbyford » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:55 am

Gosh, and was that caused from having fibro? you poor thing, im ever so sorry, what do you take for the pain in your legs?
I struggle with my walking sometimes im as bad as not being able to get out but i dont have a wheelchair just use of a cain. how do you manage with it all?

Sending cuddles your way
Lots of love

Poppy

:)
pvbyford
UKFM Member

Postby DebiP10 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:56 am

Hi, i get terrible foot pain it takes my breath away. Usually happens when im lying in bed at night. The only way i can describe it is " like im being crucified". Its a sharp hot shooting pain through the middle of my foot then its starts in the other foot them my hands in the palms. It is very scarey and what makes it worse is that im sure my husband thinks im making it up i could cry :( x
DebiP10
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:25 pm

I get pains but they tend to be in my ankles and wrists, and also at night, like you Debi. It's one of the weirdest things ever, I am just lying there and a shooting pain like I'm being crucified (good description!). I also sometimes get it in my hands when I've been doing things like carrying bags or typing, and in my feet after walking. They do tend to fade eventually but are pretty scary.

pvbyford - I notice you also said temperature intolerance! This is one of my biggest issues and is driving me mad. When it was cold outside I was still boiling, and obviously at the moment it is almost unbearable :( Is that how yours affects you too?
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Hholding » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Amazon & ebay for Epsom Salts, bigger the tub the cheaper they work out.
Hholding
UKFM Newbie

Postby TNK* » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Ditto to most of the above

I am going through a lot of foot and leg pains at the minute, i have had plantar fasciitis on and off for about 2 years,, it gets worse the more i am on my feet, which is unfortunate for me as i work in a restaurant...I know totally the wrong job for someone with FM, but if i am busy and concentrating on something else i do not notice the pain....although i do suffer for it the day after!

The last few mornings i have woke up and not been able to take a step out of bed without having incredible pain in my right foot and shooting up my leg....i have to hold onto furniture and walls just to get out of the room to go to the loo.

I have a day off today and have a short day shift tomorrow so i am resting up as much as i can today.

My GP dx me with FM and i am totally thankfull for having such an understanding doc, but even she doesnt know the full extent of my pain and tiredness as i dont go to her everytime i have a new pain or one that gets worse!

I suppose i should write it all down for her one day so she can update my notes...Hmm wonder if that could be a whole new topic?
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby pvbyford » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:23 pm

For the temperate intolerance it's so awful with this heat aswell I feel like I'm burning inside and my skin on my feet knees and hands go red. It's weird but they feel like they throbbing from the heat but yet sometimes I could be trembling feeling so cold. I hate it does anyone else get this?

I feel for you having to work standing all the time in restaurant with foot pain. Some days I just can't bear to stand on them, I don't get what you guys say about when ur in bed getting pain but I do get something weird in bed it makes me feel sick if my feet at touching the mattress cos it's tough so I have to have a pillow under them all night also my legs get really hot and itchy so have to have the fan on them all night. It's a night.

U should get your husband to read some comments on here then he'll believe you Hun, just remember you not alone u have us all always.
Lots of love

Poppy

pvbyford
UKFM Member

Postby pvbyford » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Oh yeah and I got Epsom salts from amazon 1kilo for £4.50 and free delivery :)
Lots of love

Poppy

pvbyford
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:52 pm

Ah my temperature problems are different to yours then. I feel like I'm burning up but only ever my head/upper arms area. I can see goosebumps on my arms when cold but my face doesn't feel hot to touch. I've even been hot at 6 degrees!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby pvbyford » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:21 pm

Zia2014 do you ever feel cold but hot at the same time? It sounds mad I know
But sometimes I'll be cold outside and burning inside or cold inside and sweating on the outside?
Lots of love

Poppy

pvbyford
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:55 pm

In a way, in that my arms sometimes feel a bit chilly but my face and head are burning. It's so strange because I always used to be cold!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems