Light-headed

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Light-headed

Postby carolad » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:51 pm

RRecently I've noticed that when I stand up after bending down, I feel lightheaded and dizzy. It doesn't last for too long but I feel very odd when it happens.

Just wondered does anyone else get this? What do you think causes it?
carolad
UKFM Member

Re: Light-headed

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:17 am

Hi, there are a few things that can cause dizziness.
Inner ear problems, sinus infection, dehydration, blood pressure..... Mine is caused by POTS

Keep a record of when it happens and how long.
If its becoming a pain in the backside speak to gp, there are treatments to help with it, just gotta find out the cause which can be a pain in the backside in itself!!

Could also be side effect of medication...
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Yes I go through phases like this. I stand up (not quickly) and I feel faint and things go a bit bright. Sometimes I will just stand for a min til it passes or I sit down again. I believe I am a bit anaemic so it could be that. Or perhaps blood pressure low or something. It does go away on its own though.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Thanks for the replies :) I've just read that it can be a symptom of vitamin B12 deficiency...so I'll see if taking the high strength supplement helps.
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:25 pm

Have you been tested for pernicious anaemia (B12) if not it may be an idea to ask then you can have injections to sort it out, rather than just taking over the counter meds :?: :?: :?: :?: hope you get to the bottom of whats causing it and start to feel better :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby carolad » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:59 am

denys wrote:Have you been tested for pernicious anaemia (B12) if not it may be an idea to ask then you can have injections to sort it out, rather than just taking over the counter meds :?: :?: :?: :?: hope you get to the bottom of whats causing it and start to feel better :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I don't think I have been tested for that. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and ask for a blood test. I had been trying to avoid going back to my GP because to be quite honest, I don't have a lot of faith in him! But I suppose this is a quite straightforward thing to ask for so it can't really go wrong! I thought I would be getting the same results by taking a high strength B12 supplement, but from what I've read, some people can't absorb it this way so it won't matter how much you take - injections are the only things that work in this case.

Thank you :)
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:26 am

:goodluck1: hopefully your GP can sort out the numbers at least :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: It does seem to be quite common, both me and my youngest daughter have PA and have injections every 12 weeks :-) :-) :-)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Moobaloo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:05 am

Definitely go to see your GP about your symptoms! I had been experiencing this sort of dizziness for years and have only just been diagnosed with PoTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome), but as has been mentioned, the cause of your lightheadedness could have one of several causes.

Good luck, I hope you get to the bottom of it sooner rather than later!
Moobaloo
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:29 am

Another possibility could be the Turmeric supplement I'm taking. Apparently it can cause low blood pressure in some people...

Aaarrgh, so many possibilities! I suppose I just need to rule them out one by one and see what I'm left with. Thanks folks :) x
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:01 pm

I have something similiar, it's like a wave of weakness passes over me from top to bottom, it's weird. It only lasts about 3 seconds. Can't pin it down to anything though :crazy:
Lindilou

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems