Meralgia paresthetica

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Meralgia paresthetica

Postby sara.lesley.goodman » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Does anyone else suffer with meralgia paresthetica?i have had it in my left leg since last oct and have now got it in my right leg.i haven't managed to get to see my gp since he dx the left leg a couple of months ago.he uped my amitriptyline from 20mg to 30mg a night.i just wondered how others managed this?thanks Sara :)
sara.lesley.goodman
UKFM Newbie

Re: Meralgia paresthetica

Postby denys » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:40 pm

Sorry no I havent heard anyone complain about this, you are very unlucky to have it in both legs but hopefully it will calm down for you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sara.lesley.goodman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:19 am

Just me then,I'm not surprised i have *the* worse luck lol
sara.lesley.goodman
UKFM Newbie

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:03 pm

I havent heard of it. I will google it anyway :-) Sorry xxx
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:19 am

Had to look this up. Lol. Seems to be the same sort of medication offered for nerve type pain, but the conservative treatment differs, as rest is sometimes recommended. If it's started in your other leg, should you not go back to your. GP and ask him if different treatment is needed or the diagnosis is checked, as could it not mean it has deteriorated ?
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems