weak, painful stomach muscles

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

weak, painful stomach muscles

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:04 pm

Hi all,

I don't know if this is a fibro thing or not. My stomach muscles are so weak and painful

I suffer with costochondritis and this feels similar, its affecting my breathing too.

I am basically on a liquid diet but when I do manage to eat something my stomach swells so much that I think its pushing on my diaphragm.

I can't really explain how it feels, I suppose just like the weakness I think we all get in other muscles.

Is this a common thing or should I mention it to gp?

I take omeprazole for gerd so don't know if its anything to do with that.

Just another confusing symptom!!
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Re: weak, painful stomach muscles

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:55 pm

Why are you on a liquid diet and for how long? If it's been a few days or weeks then when you eat solids, your tummy is probably confused as its not used to digesting. I would be very careful of any liquid diet. They're not healthy. The omeprozole should protect your stomach lining, but always worth checking with the gp. I was in it but then got a call from the dr to say he's changing it to Ranitidine as its safer for long term use x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: weak, painful stomach muscles

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:59 am

Hi,

Ive been on food replacement called fortijuce for around 18 months now as I have bad problems with smell, taste and swallowing.

I didn't even know I had gerd until a few months ago when I was admitted to hospital with it and costo, then a few weeks ago the dentist told me I had erosion on my teeth that looked like it was from gerd and to get some omeprazole from gp.

I think the muscular pain might be a reaction to my stomach swelling so much the day before.

Think I'll speak to gp next time I go x
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems