not sure if this is connected to FM but has anyone else had

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

not sure if this is connected to FM but has anyone else had

Postby gwenmoon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:38 pm

I have developed heart arrhythmia and had to have a heart op to stop it beating too fast. It has triggered off a really bad episode of fibromyalgia and I am stuck in bed feeling like crap. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know wether it is connected to fibromyalgia. It just seems funny that I have been nothing but ill since developing FM after I had an accident.

Would love any feedback thank you.

:teddy-bear: Gwen :teddy-bear:
Having someone to share with gets you through another day :-) Gwen x
gwenmoon
UKFM Member

Re: not sure if this is connected to FM but has anyone else

Postby denys » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:26 pm

I really couldnt say whether its connected or not Gwen but the heart is a muscle so anything is possible, why not ring your docs and ask for a telephone consultation and asking them. I hope you are feeling a little better soon and able to get out of that bed :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:02 pm

I have no idea if there is a connection or not. I've only ever had one episode of tachycardia which is when the heart beats really fast. At the time I went through a super stressful situation. I had two ecgs and hooked up to some monitor in an overnight hospital stay and all normal. That was about three or four years ago. All fine since x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:49 am

Sorry to hear you're feeling so rough. But can't see how Fibro has caused or is in anyway connected to your recent heart arrhythmia occurring. Fibro causes muscle pain and tense muscles but doesn't actually cause any physical damage as such, you simply feel pain. Heart rate is regulated by your hearts internal pacemaker . So probably just one of these rotten co incidences which happened unfortunately to you.

Hope you feel better and are back up and about soon.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems