Dry skin

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dry skin

Postby rich44 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:12 pm

Does anyone get this? I get it terribly especially in my ears but I've noticed my skin is getting really bad on one of my calves too :(
rich44
UKFM Member

Re: Dry skin

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:19 pm

I was just saying this to my husband yesterday! My skin on my arms are sooo dry. I try to moisturise everyday but when I forget, my arms look white with dry skin. I also get very itchy when I'm so dry.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:41 pm

Beware of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is in most moisturisers. It is actually and engine de-greaser therfore dries skin out. It is also an irritant.
Lindilou

Postby rich44 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:02 pm

I've got a pot of moisturiser off the Dr to give a go
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:17 pm

This is something I've always had an issue with, and I've lost count of the number of lotions and creams I've tried over the years to combat it. I'm currently using a bath oil for when I soak in the bath along with a body butter which seems to be helping....for the moment at least. I also have a dry oil spray that I can quickly apply when needed.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:18 pm

I use regular moisturisers - Dove and/or Nutrigena.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:25 pm

I use 'Dr organic' range fron the health food shop. No chemicals.
Lindilou

Postby carolad » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Lindilou wrote:Beware of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is in most moisturisers. It is actually and engine de-greaser therfore dries skin out. It is also an irritant.

Yep :( Oil is a very good natural moisturiser - I use coconut oil at night and jojoba oil in the morning (jojoba oil absorbs quickly,whereas coconut oil takes a while to sink in. It avoids all those nasty chemicals!
carolad
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems