Fibromyagia with neurological abnormalities!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibromyagia with neurological abnormalities!!

Postby Planet of my own! » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:54 am

Hi all, I have fibro and cfs. Now been told ME as well. I have had other tests for other conditions but it comes back to good old fibro and neurological weirdness!!
I wondered if anyone else has neurological signs? Some ME reports say this has neurological effects, others seem to say it's the same thing as cfs, I'm confused!!
I know it is not directly fibro but often a diagnoses can go together for people to thought it would be ok to ask.

The signs I have are ; overly fast reflexes, 4 or 5 beats of clonus in one foot, slight babinski signs on one side, slightly irregular VEP eye test result.
Plus my brain is very muddled, forgetful, written work jumble letters from words, I am extremly forgetful from one second to the next, can't think of words, words seem slow coming out at times and the amount of times I say the wrong words or wrong way around, it's ridiculous!
I'm not sure id class this as fibro fog? Is this what people mean?
At least we have a very good laugh about it with my husband and teenagers :lol:
I feel such a weirdo at times it's untrue !!
Planet of my own!
UKFM Member

Re: Fibromyagia with neurological abnormalities!!

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:50 am

The signs I have are the short term memory loss and jumbled words. It annoys me no end. I hate it.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:41 pm

The short term memory loss, the way that words just wont come to mind, the transposing of numbers and letters was the final reason why I decided to finish work and take medical retirement.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:07 pm

I forget what I'm saying mid sentence, get electric shocks down both arms, tremors stuff like that
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Planet of my own! » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Thanks all for your comments, so I would have thought there was a way of detecting brain abnormalities linked to fibro. Maybe one day it will be made possible, so many people don't need to have such a difficult time getting a diagnoses.
My diagnoses was very quick, but it was me who has taken years to see all my many problems are linked to fibro.
But reading lots on here does make me understand more.
Xx
Planet of my own!
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems