Photosensitivity

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Photosensitivity

Postby wnsdje » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:44 am

I am still in the process of being given a firm diagnosis by my rheumatologist but have just had the Lupus blood tests. I am having terrible photosensitivity to fluorescent lighting and uv light. I have to put on suncream factor 50 plus every two hours. Siting in the cr and the light through the window is the worse. I flare up a bright red colour on my face and my chest and upper arms. I feel like I have sunstroke and have I go and lie down. It's so annoying!

Anyway rheumie thinks it could be a side effect of neurophen so I came off that and went on meloxicam. But still the same - so now have to come off that and not take NSAIDs at all. Booked on for an ultrasound on hands and feet so as soon As that date comes meds have to stop a week before. I'm also on the usual amtrippline. I am praying that this is not SLE as I don't have enough other markers for it. anybody else with fibro got photosensitivity
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split into smaller paragraphs for an easier read
wnsdje
UKFM Newbie

Re: Photosensitivity

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 am

No hun I dont have photo sensitivity x I'm sorry to hear how bad it is x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:15 pm

I have bad photosensitivity, especially with light. Wear sunglasses all the time, even on dull days. Meant to wear high factor sunscreen on face, and like you always end up bright red xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby wnsdje » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:07 pm

thanks Hazel - did yours just go away in the end. I get suncream on prescription but only up to factor 50. I ordered some off amazon factor 70 with helicoplex which is the best so far but expensive
wnsdje
UKFM Newbie

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:32 pm

Not photosensitivity but I do have PLE - polymorphic light eruptions. It seems that some sort of skin/allergy stuff is common with fibro, from what I've read.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems