Red knees and elbows

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Red knees and elbows

Postby Jennieann » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:04 am

Hi im fairly new to site was diagnosed with fibro last June , I am having a problem with a fairly new syptom
and wondered if any other members suffer with red hot knees and elbows ? They burn and ache
My gp doesnt seem bothered but its happening every evening ,
Jennieann
UKFM Newbie

Re: Red knees and elbows

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Are they red and swollen? My knee swelled up last year. It was red and boiling hot. I have been diagnosed with arthrits :(
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Jennieann » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:38 pm

My knees are very hot and slightly swollen they have given way under me to, my gp doesnt seem
bothered he said as my blood test for arthritis was normal in february he doesnt know what it
is
Jennieann
UKFM Newbie

Postby Gracious » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:59 pm

I get the very same thing. I used to only get a burn red strip down my left arm, would happen often, but could never figure out the trigger. Then last year around july I started experiencing the same burning and redness in my legs, particularly, my knees, and ankles, and sometimes it would be lowerbody other times upper body. First thing I did was look at any new medication I added and any medication I had increased in dosage. Then I looked at food and when I used my body. I found some triggers in each these areas. But I also found my menstral cycle was also a contributor.

I reduced the triggers I could, come off medications I had added (Tropiramte), removed the foods that were clearly contributing (porridge, rice, wheat, processed food, potato, where just some of the worst ones for me). It was also triggered if I walked, climbed stairs, typed, wrote, basically used my body. Now I cant stop using my body so had to look at how to make the redness and burning heat more comfortable and I found using cold was effective, shocking the nerves, changing the signal to the brain. Alternatively Voltarol Gel was very effective for me.

For myself just identifying some triggers helped me feel a bit more accepting of the symptoms, and give me some control over what I could do about it and help myself as much as is possible with Fibro, as it can be a wee bit tempremental. Its not something I worry about now, just more an irritation that requires a bit of management.

Its annoying, but isn't that fibro for you.....it likes to test our mental strength from time to time.

Hope this is of some help
With loving kindness
Gracious
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems