fibromyalgia and IBS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fibromyalgia and IBS

Postby leaporlepor » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:49 pm

I'm finding that when my fibro plays up my IBS gets horrendous. I haven't been on any IBS meds for six years and don't want to restart them but can't see what I can do to calm the IBS, tried all sorts and it just doesn't work. Anyone got any ideas or tips?
leaporlepor
UKFM Newbie

Re: fibromyalgia and IBS

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi there!

A fair few of us seem to have both. I have never needed meds for my ibs but every med for fibro has given me really bad constipation so far. I'll be watching this thread!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby lolabolla » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:18 am

IBS is another symptom of Fibromyalgia that many of us experience unfortunately :(

Many of us have tried various ways of treating IBS including eliminating 'trigger' foods completely.

Personally, I just go with the flow now as nothing helps.

I suffer with loose watery stools rather than constipation (sorry for being so graphic) and the usual IBS medication causes me to be constipated which I find worse than the other :oops:

Since taking ill health retirement I am able to take it one day at a time now, my health is worth more than monetary gain.

I hope you find something to help with your IBS

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:42 am

My IBS plays up at a certain time of the month....I am usually pain free with it the rest of the time.

It really is a pain in the arse (pun intended) as i still get the looseness or constipation, or both at the same time, and can never tell which its going to be, so i can either be seconds or hours on the lav, like a bit of Bog Roulette
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems