numbness in hands and feet

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

numbness in hands and feet

Postby Beckybecks » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi everyone
I'm new to this forum and new to the UK having moved here from South Africa 2 months ago. I was diagnosed with Fibro a year ago and thought that since exercise is recommended I would feel better working in a more physical job. I have taken a job as a gardener where I'm outside all day.

Instead of feeling better I'm having a lot more problems than ever before but the main one is the numbness in my hands and feed. Most of the time my hands feel tingly and the finger joints ache. I feel like they should look swollen like sausages but they look quite normal. At night when I'm asleep my hands become almost completely numb, as though I've been sitting on them.

Does anyone else have these problems?
I have more issues which I'd love to ask you all about but one thing at a time..... :-)
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
Newly arrived in the UK from Southern Africa
Beckybecks
UKFM Member

Re: numbness in hands and feet

Postby dazzleship » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:05 pm

hi Becky

welcome to here :-) I haven't been here very long (can't remember when I joined :roll: - a few months I think) but it's a very friendly place and I have found it very helpful.

anyway about the numbness - yeah I get that too. I get pins and needles and tingly feelings in my hands and feet and also down my thigh.

I guess it's part of the fibro but someone more knowledgeable than me will probably be along shortly to straighten us out :-D
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Beckybecks » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Thanks :-) it's just good to hear that someone else has it too. (otherwise I will spend hours with Dr Google....!)
Newly arrived in the UK from Southern Africa
Beckybecks
UKFM Member

Postby becbob » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:05 pm

Going through this right now along with my ankles and feet. All day they feel tingly/painful and very swollen but look ok. The numbness comes and goes all day but so much worse at night. Finding it impossible to do much. Even flushing the loo or opening a door is becoming hard. Also I keep getting really bad twitches. I find that it was a lot better in the summer but now the winters coming so too are a lot more symptoms and pain. I would love to be able to offer you some tips on how to ease your symptoms but I have yet to find any that work. Just know that there's many people here with similar symptoms. You are not alone. Hope it improves very soon for you.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems