[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Ankylosing spondylitis

Ankylosing spondylitis

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Ankylosing spondylitis

Postby TNK* » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Sorry I cant help with your questions, but am keeping my fingers crossed for the answers you are looking for x
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:15 pm

One of my rheumatologists thought I had this. I was sent for an mri which came back clear x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:41 pm

No. I had an mri for my pelvis, whole spine and neck. I've had back pain for years, before full blown fibro came on.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:05 pm

I hated the mri. I'm extremely claustrophobic :shock:
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:39 am

carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Pete » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:19 pm

lisa
reading though what you have wrote and what the doctors thoughts are if i was a doctor i would be thinking of sending you for a nuclear bone scan because it could possibily show or give doctors a better understanding of what is going on more than a MRI could?

and as i have said before to you i had a scan done in brighton in year 2000 and it showed hot spots in my upper and lower back and Sacroiliac joint so this could be a option for you if there is a scanner in your area and i think it might be worth asking the doctor about this scan

Also the scanner is fully open so you will feel better about it :-)
see link.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/bone-scan
Pete :-)
A Good Laugh A Day Can take Your Pain Away :D
Pete
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:58 am

Lisa, I think your experience shows that the medical profession really hasn't a clue about a lot of conditions! I think in many cases, they just give you a diagnosis to shut you up and get rid of you, they really don't know what is the cause. I don't believe western medicine has all the answers.

I have gone through something similar...to this day, I don't know if it is my scoliosis causing my pain, or fibromyalgia. Or whether I even have fibro at all. My GP told me that because my pain is in back/hips/neck/shoulder that it is spine related to he thinks 70% of my pain is scoliosis related. But he is only guessing...the truth is no-one knows.

And after years of wanting to know definitively what was the cause of my pain and fatigue...I have now come to the conclusion that it really makes no difference. Whatever I have (or don't have), I have physical symptoms. And I just have to find a way to manage these symptoms as best I can. It does make it a bit difficult to explain to other people what is 'wrong' with me though....which is why I generally don't explain!
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:27 pm

carolad
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems