Why Stomach Acid Is Good for You

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Why Stomach Acid Is Good for You

Postby Jeany » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:37 am

In brief I was diagnosed with CFS/ME and Fibro 3 yrs ago. Prior to this I had suffered REALLY bad acid reflux,IBS & stomach ulcers, which flare up at regular intervals and make me feel ill in every way.... some symptoms are very similar to that of ME/CFS and Fibro.

The stomach problems has been going on for approx 9 yrs now, and because I am having yet another flare with this, and my throat is raw and the inside of my head,ears and eyes feel like they have been washed with the acid from my stomach I have been doing a bit of research.

I have just downloaded a book to my Kindle called :_

Why Stomach Acid Is Good for You: Natural Relief from Heartburn, Indigestion, Reflux and Gerd by Jonathan Wright.

It seems that he and a lot of others who have done research on this believe that taking anti acids, and prescribed drugs such as Omprazole & Ranitidine are actually making matters worse, AND could indeed be causing other illnesses, because the digestive system needs acid so that nutrients can be absorbed and so by taking meds to dry up stomach acid you are starving your body of essential vitamins & nutrients that feed muscles,bones and all internal organs. Basically these meds are knocking our systems completely out of balance.

I know a lot of people with fibro also have stomach problems, so wonder if this could be the case and in fact I have discussed the relation of my stomach & other health issues with my family for years, so I do believe this.

I have only just started to read this book, so I cannot tell you any more at this point, but I am going to give the suggestions a go.

I hope this helps some of you who use this site.
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split off from topic it had been attached to and retitled.
Jeany
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems