symptoms of fibromyalgia

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

symptoms of fibromyalgia

Postby sj180 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:58 am

first can i say sorry for the long post
i would like some feed back and advice as to what everyone thinks.
i got told last july i had fibromyalgia after 20 yrs of pain and suffering, but i do not know if i have just fibromyalgia or other conditions as well i have constant fatigue and find that if i try to do any household jobs or exercise it wipes me out not just for days but weeks. my husband got me a walking treadmill to try and strengthen my legs as they go on me and without my stick i wobble all over the place, i was only do 5 mins every day and slowly building up my time, but each time it became harder and harder to do and since the end of august i have been completely wiped out i do not get any more then 3 hrs sleep solid after that i am awake for the rest of the night. if you have seen my other post you will know that i have had some problems with medication so limited as pain clinic put it as to what they can give me. do i ask my gp to test me for cfs, i feel like they will think i am just looking for more illness for no reason.
i am so fed up of not sleeping and having no energy to do anything without being in even more pain that its starting to effect my moods again and feeling down ( last yr my moods hit rock bottom and my husband had to take control of all my medications,) i feel like im slow dying inside my body is giving up. :scream-1: :( :cry:
sj180
UKFM Newbie

Re: symptoms of fibromyalgia

Postby denys » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:40 pm

Its horrible when you havent got any answers, CFS/ME are diagnosed the same way FM is, by elimination really

I wonder if something like CBT would help you, it concentrates on giving you tools to help you cope with all your symptoms and just might help you to get through all of this
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: symptoms of fibromyalgia

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:01 pm

I don't think there is an actual test for cfs. I'm labelled with fibromyalgia with some cfs or something to that tone. I got pretty bad in Jan this year. I suddenly got a lot of pain and felt achy all over like I had flu but it never passed. I was already seeing a rheumy for arthritis which occurred last year. Since starting on my meds I'm much better and I have more good days than bad, rather than the other way round. You need something for the sleep and pain. Lack of sleep isnt helping your condition but making you feel worse. You need a referral to a rheumatologist who can help you and perhaps rule out anything else x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems