Long-term sore throat

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Long-term sore throat

Postby keaedmondson » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:17 am

Hi,
Since earlier this year I have had a couple of periods of quite long-term sore throat. The first lasted three or four weeks and when I finally went to the doctors, she said there was nothing she could do and there was nothing she could see. I would just have to let it go away. It did go after a couple more days and I felt really stupid!
I started again with sore throat beginning of last week. It has continued until now. I don't want to go back to the doctor because of feeling stupid last time. There is nothing serious because it isn't bad and I haven't got other symptoms.
I did read a while ago that saw throat at times was one of the symptoms of FM… I just wondered if other people get bouts of sore throat. Usually, when I get it, I think I'm getting a cold, but when it does not develop I get confused…
Sometimes it is not all the time, it seems to be worse and then better and then worse again… Sometimes it is only on one side,
I have found in the past that on days when I do not have bad general pain I have a sore throat… This is slightly different as it lasts for a lot of days…
Does this sound similar to anybody at all?
Thanks
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Re: Long-term sore throat

Postby Helhit » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi I get the feeling I'm getting a cold practically every month.

I'm also starting to get a dry mouth, but have sorted that thanks to another post on here. I use biotene

I wonder if it's because we are super sensitive to things. Eg I sprayed hairspray yesterday and I could taste it all day.

Strange isn't it!
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:50 pm

funnily enough I've been having a sore throat over the last week or 10 days or so, it kind of starts off in that 'raw' sort of way like it's going to get really bad, but then it either goes away for a day or two and re-appears or just doesn't develop into what I expect it to.

dunno if it's a cold then or just a fibro throat :roll:

oh and like you said, sometimes it's on one side (always the left side :-| ) or sometimes its both sides.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby keaedmondson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Fibro throat! Like that reference funnily enough, my problem area is left too.
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:46 am

Yes., the left sided sore throat, so very well known to me, It was 14 years ago, after a bout of tonsillitis, my fibro started. It comes back quite often, during the winter time I usually have to end up on amoxicillin to clear it up for me. My throat has always been a weak area for me, lots of tonsillitis as a child, but I missed having an op to have them removed' as I just moved into the time when it became "unfsashionable" to have them removed, but really they have always remained a bug bear to me, but something I find soothing to drink is hot lemonade :-)

Gilly 52 x
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:36 pm

how weird :-| does anyone get a right-sided sore throat?

oh and I too always used to have tonsilitis when I was younger and into my early twenties. no one ever offered to take them out so I'm still stuck with them.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Buddhangie1 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi I get the sore throat I have oral allergy syndrome it's caused by some fruit and veg among other things. I've always had some type of allergy, animals pollen. Do you get lots of mucus at the back if your throat? Then it is a possibility. It's easily tested

Buddhangie1 x
Buddhangie1
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems