alchohol

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

alchohol

Postby Helhit » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:21 am

Since getting fibro I have gradually cut down on drinking and went 4 months without touching a drop. I now only drink maybe once a week max and then its never too over the top.

I went to a party last night and ended up getting quite drunk. Not out of your face gonna make a prat of yourself and can't remember a thing drunk just quite merry!
Well I've woken up in pain all over, my arms are killing me and my bum can't stand to feel the mattress. So I try to sleep on side and that's too painful.

I've taken all my med over 2 hours ago and its not touched the pain at all.

I've realised my body somehow was saying don't touch this stuff any more as you just can't tolerate it. I really can't see the point in it any longer. Looking back over the last few times I've had a glass of wine, each time I've been in pain the next day.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Re: alchohol

Postby GayleRuth1978 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi,
Hope your feeling a bit better!
I, like you, have also had to cut down on what i drink. I find that if I still take my meds (tramadol, gabapentin and sertraline) then i end up vomiting badly the next day and if I don't take them I don't sleep and my arms and hips ache. It can feel like there's something crawling in my blood.
I end up thinking it's not worth the hassle!
I've yet to find away round this. Sometimes using codeine in place of the tramadol works a little bit xxx
GayleRuth1978
UKFM Member

Re: alchohol

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:50 pm

I still drink. Sometimes it is the only thing in the day I look forward to! :mrgreen:

(Joke! I don't meant I drink every day, and not that much either). But I do still drink and it doesn't affect my meds or make me feel any worse.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems