[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Sleep or not to sleep

Sleep or not to sleep

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sleep or not to sleep

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Hello my Fibro Fighters,

Sleep is my ultimate enemy right now. 2 hours of sleep in the last 90 hours....this is a record even for me. I started to have nightmares, nothing I can relate when I wake up, but emotionally drained and done in when I do, so I think I am afraid to sleep because of the fatigue of the fight during the nightmare. I know insomnia is a real problem with all of us, if I get two hours put together before I wake up in pain I have had a good night, but this is really bothering me.

I am wondering if it is related to the convulsions I have started to have? I researched epileptic and non-epileptic seizures but I am not see a causal indicator. I am frustrated by by own fatigue, my partner is being a rock, but I cannot expect him to keep dragging me along indefinitely....

Hot milky drinks are not a solution as I cannot get them down. I have a really good ortho mattress. I am exhausted when I climb into bed, but I cannot shut off to sleep. I am not allowed pills because of a mistake I made 6 years ago, so vent over.....any tricks that I could try would be great!

(BTW I have tried lots of s*x, which is painful, but great, and I am still not sleeping)!

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Sleep or not to sleep

Postby whoami » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:22 am

I can relate to your sleep issues. I have not slept over 2 hours straight in a long time. I also have sleep apnea and stop breathing 35 times in an hour according to my last tests.

Ask your Dr if he feels a visit to a sleep clinic might benefit. There are many types of sleep disorders.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:42 am

Dear whoami,

I have had a sleep study because my ex, and my current insist that I stopped breathing. Yeap, I do. Myo2 saturations went down into the 80's, my heart was erratic, and my breathing cycle was approximately the same as yours. Unbelievably, we are not the worst...but I had to stop treatment when my C-Pap overheated and stopped working at 0300, and I woke up because I was sucking on a mask without air, and found that my bedding was melting under the heat from the unit. Papworth would not believe that this happened and I was not going to risk a fire because they said it couldn't happen the way I described....I can show you the melted duvet!!!! Also they expected me to drive over 85 miles every three months for an overnight study, and I can't. My fatigue does not allow me to drive, my doctor told me with my convulsions I am not allowed to drive, and the cost was getting prohibitive with petrol and public transport.

The nightmares are what are bothering me most....I just want to sleep a restful sleep, if I get any at all.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Queenie, there has to be something that someone can do to help you out. The CPAP is important. Even if you are like myself and get less than 2 hours sleep, if it is good sleep, it helps. I don't know the way things work there but someone closer should be able to help, send you a new machine.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby zappa20 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:59 am

zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems