Sleep or not to sleep

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sleep or not to sleep

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Hello my Fibro Fighters,

Sleep is my ultimate enemy right now. 2 hours of sleep in the last 90 hours....this is a record even for me. I started to have nightmares, nothing I can relate when I wake up, but emotionally drained and done in when I do, so I think I am afraid to sleep because of the fatigue of the fight during the nightmare. I know insomnia is a real problem with all of us, if I get two hours put together before I wake up in pain I have had a good night, but this is really bothering me.

I am wondering if it is related to the convulsions I have started to have? I researched epileptic and non-epileptic seizures but I am not see a causal indicator. I am frustrated by by own fatigue, my partner is being a rock, but I cannot expect him to keep dragging me along indefinitely....

Hot milky drinks are not a solution as I cannot get them down. I have a really good ortho mattress. I am exhausted when I climb into bed, but I cannot shut off to sleep. I am not allowed pills because of a mistake I made 6 years ago, so vent over.....any tricks that I could try would be great!

(BTW I have tried lots of s*x, which is painful, but great, and I am still not sleeping)!

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Sleep or not to sleep

Postby whoami » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:22 am

I can relate to your sleep issues. I have not slept over 2 hours straight in a long time. I also have sleep apnea and stop breathing 35 times in an hour according to my last tests.

Ask your Dr if he feels a visit to a sleep clinic might benefit. There are many types of sleep disorders.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:42 am

Dear whoami,

I have had a sleep study because my ex, and my current insist that I stopped breathing. Yeap, I do. Myo2 saturations went down into the 80's, my heart was erratic, and my breathing cycle was approximately the same as yours. Unbelievably, we are not the worst...but I had to stop treatment when my C-Pap overheated and stopped working at 0300, and I woke up because I was sucking on a mask without air, and found that my bedding was melting under the heat from the unit. Papworth would not believe that this happened and I was not going to risk a fire because they said it couldn't happen the way I described....I can show you the melted duvet!!!! Also they expected me to drive over 85 miles every three months for an overnight study, and I can't. My fatigue does not allow me to drive, my doctor told me with my convulsions I am not allowed to drive, and the cost was getting prohibitive with petrol and public transport.

The nightmares are what are bothering me most....I just want to sleep a restful sleep, if I get any at all.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Queenie, there has to be something that someone can do to help you out. The CPAP is important. Even if you are like myself and get less than 2 hours sleep, if it is good sleep, it helps. I don't know the way things work there but someone closer should be able to help, send you a new machine.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby zappa20 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:59 am

Queenie_70 wrote:Hello my Fibro Fighters,

Sleep is my ultimate enemy right now. 2 hours of sleep in the last 90 hours....this is a record even for me. I started to have nightmares, nothing I can relate when I wake up, but emotionally drained and done in when I do.

xx

Have you ruled out all the obvious things as well for the nightmares. My husband is sometimes plagued with nightmares, which he realised are caused by indigestion of all things. Eating red meat later in the evening is a trigger for his nightmares. He used to waken and say he had no idea what had caused this nightmare, other than an agitation in his stomach, and his nightmare was him trying to waken himself.

Sometimes it's the simpler things in life or our lifestyles which can be behind some problems.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems