Feet hurt like the dickens in the morning

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feet hurt like the dickens in the morning

Postby Queenie_70 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:54 am

Hi Guys,

I am finding that my feet are just so painful in the morning. It is not the arch, but the section of foot that runs opposite that actually touches the floor. I know I have stated this before, but man, the pain is getting to me. I was at the door waiting for the dogs to do their morning business and I could barely (excuse the pun), stand it :(
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Feet hurt like the dickens in the morning

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Mine used to hurt like that hun x But since adding gabapentin to the Amitriptyline this pain has gone :-) But I totally know what you're saying x How long does yours last for? I'm not user how long mine lasted for but I'm sure it must have been about ten minutes when I first get out of bed.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Don't know if it's related but I get shocking pain in both my heels they are so tender at times I can't even lie on my. Back in bed with my feet touching the mattress.my dr said it was tendinitis? And the toes on my left foot curl under at times and I get terrible cramp in that foot.
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby keaedmondson » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:38 pm

Sounds like plan to fasciitis? Usually worst in the mornings and often causes pain in the bottom of foot and heel. Look on Internet, you can do simple exercises yourself. I also take naproxen for it when it gets really bad. You can have physio or put special souls in your shoes I do that.
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:35 pm

Theresa34, it lasts for hours, that is the problem. Until I put my shoes on that have the insert the phsyio made me, it just hurts like all heck. I talked to the pharmacist about gaba for fibro, and he said that tramadol was a better fix due to the way it works, but I wonder if I could get a small dose for my feet??? I have been on full dose tramadol for two years, but I still don't have a med review coming up...grrrr

I was told about planter fasciitis (sp) before Keaedmondson, but I will look into exercises if it will help.

Patsb, my feet were never a problem until I had to run for a flight in the wrong shoes. I sued the airline and got $200 compensation, not really worth a lifetime of pain, but now I am almost in constant pain with my feet/heels/toes. Not so much cramping though, I did have that, but thankfully no longer.
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:47 pm

it does sound indeed like plantar fasciitis. I suffered from this several years ago and thankfully it went away of its own accord but I know how painful it can be.

:hugs:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:32 pm

I get it in my ankles , it feels as if someone is stretching my leg and foot, find it hard to drive somedays.
debs67
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:57 pm

Queenie_70 wrote:Theresa34, it lasts for hours, that is the problem. Until I put my shoes on that have the insert the phsyio made me, it just hurts like all heck. I talked to the pharmacist about gaba for fibro, and he said that tramadol was a better fix due to the way it works, but I wonder if I could get a small dose for my feet??? I have been on full dose tramadol for two years, but I still don't have a med review coming up...grrrr

I was told about planter fasciitis (sp) before Keaedmondson, but I will look into exercises if it will help.

Patsb, my feet were never a problem until I had to run for a flight in the wrong shoes. I sued the airline and got $200 compensation, not really worth a lifetime of pain, but now I am almost in constant pain with my feet/heels/toes. Not so much cramping though, I did have that, but thankfully no longer.

I was told that I had plantar fasciitis. Now and then if I'm on my feet for long periods of time they also hurt but not as often as it used to. If they hurt too much in the day I either wear my crocs or my fluffy winter boots. Even in the house! Lol My rheumatologist prescribed the gabapentin. I would think a rheumy would know how to manage pain better than a pharmacist. Worth asking someone else about it x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:02 am

Think I gave you some exercises to try in your last thread on this. You also need to wear your insoles most of the time. Will they fit in all your shoes. Slippers are out for the moment. Also if you are lying in bed for long periods, it will make it much worse when you first stand up due to the position our foot tendons go into when lying in bed. Sitting for long periods will also make it sorer when first standing.

Mine are much better now due to the exercises I did, and wearing the insoles. Give it a try as medications like Gabapentin if it works for this, will just be disguising the problem, instead of fixing it.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:27 am

Hi Zappa,

I have been using my insoles as much as possible to alleviate the pain. I guess I will have to get some stylish slippers that allow me to put the insoles in them so I can have warm toes and supported arches at the same time. Being in bed for long periods is not usually a problem, but I have been getting bed bound due to pain, so some days there is no choice :( I do try to get out on my good days to get fresh air, walk of my hips, and blow the cobwebs from my brain...always pay for it later, but man is it lovely to have the wind blow through your hair on occasion.

Sitting, I can see how the bend in the knee could cause a slowing of the blood that might lead to problems, I will track when and how I sit to see if it makes a difference. I will also have to look up my other thread, couldn't find it when I wrote this one, to re-read your response. I do appreciate that you understand the pain ad are willing to assist.

(Because of the bedridden days, I have wondered whether I need to have an additional pain med, currently 400mg Tramadol, 4000mg Paracetamol)...
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:48 pm

zappa20 wrote:Think I gave you some exercises to try in your last thread on this. You also need to wear your insoles most of the time. Will they fit in all your shoes. Slippers are out for the moment. Also if you are lying in bed for long periods, it will make it much worse when you first stand up due to the position our foot tendons go into when lying in bed. Sitting for long periods will also make it sorer when first standing.

Mine are much better now due to the exercises I did, and wearing the insoles. Give it a try as medications like Gabapentin if it works for this, will just be disguising the problem, instead of fixing it.

I would say the gabapentin is what has helped me.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby lynnb3 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:18 pm

My heels are painful constantly. The only thing I have found that helps is a wedge heel
lynnb3
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems