Fibro & Cold/Flu

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro & Cold/Flu

Postby spencebel » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:32 pm

I had a very bad cold 2wks before xmas, but still carried on as you do getting things ready for family to visit... Still had cough etc... Boxing day evening after family had gone , i suddenly felt really poorly, my poor body pain from my hair to my toes, very bad throat , temp but had to have extra blanket and hot water bottle so cold i was shivering..

I still have pain, headache cough, bad throat hot/cold....... Hubby says i have done to much, so as i write this i am feeling very sorry for myself.
i hope i improve soon, as it is my birthday Fri, ... carn't cross my fingers even they hurt...

Happy New year to everyone...
From Spencebel
spencebel
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro & Cold/Flu

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:24 pm

I've been laid low with things I could previously fight off, it came as quite a shock. In late Nov I had a really horrible D&V bug which lasted just over a week, I could barely eat anything other than toast until the last day of the bug. I had a disease free 3 days, and then came down with a cold which floored me for another week :roll:

The thing is, if you have stuff to do you do keep trying to do it! I went to my long term conditions course and for a job interview that first week because I had little choice, and then two more interviews and a ton of other stuff during the cold!

I hope you feel better soon, and you get to enjoy your birthday! Mine was two weeks ago so I know the danger of having a birthday right in the middle of the cold winter season :(
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby spencebel » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:08 pm

Bless you.
You too have had a rough time................... Hope you are better now.
Belated Birthday Greetings..
Spencebel
spencebel
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:00 pm

Thanks, have got rid of them so *just* the usual fibro stuff now :mrgreen: Are you feeling any better?
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby moomoos » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:29 pm

I've had a cold/sore throat/chesty virus for 3 weeks now. Whilst I can finally see some improvement I still am suffering from it :( a lot of people have had the same thing. I've been using Vicks vapour rub and hot water bottle at my feet for bed times and had to carry on as normal at other times.

I hope you and everyone who isn't feeling good gets better quickly xxx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems