IBS,rosacea,LPR, levator ani syndrome plus fibromyalgia?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

IBS,rosacea,LPR, levator ani syndrome plus fibromyalgia?

Postby Genevieve489 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:35 am

Over the past two years I've been diagnosed with IBS, rosacea, laryngopharyngeal reflux, levator anti syndrome and trochanteric bursitis. I also have osteoarthritis. Now it looks as though I also have fibromyalgia. If the diagnosis is correct - I'm waiting for blood tests - I believe it's likely that I've had it for some time.

How common is it to have these other conditions at the same time? Are they related in some way?
Genevieve489
UKFM Member

Re: IBS,rosacea,LPR, levator ani syndrome plus fibromyalgia?

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:52 pm

No idea about some of them. IBS & fibro do go hand in hand. I have both. I also have an underactive thyroid & psoriatic arthritis x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: IBS,rosacea,LPR, levator ani syndrome plus fibromyalgia?

Postby Gracious » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Genevieve489, there are many different lists of Fibromyalgia symptons out there on the internet, I found the link below to be the most comprehensive symptom list of them all, covering various aspects from congnitive, neurological, digestive, musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, respiratory and many many more.

http://www.fibromyalgiawesternaustralia ... mptoms.pdf

When considering if there are links in anyway, a simple google search with the "conditions name and fibromyalgia" will bring up any entries to show if there are connections or posts about the two conditions together. Rosacea showed links to fibro, its a symptom I have, just never sought an offical diagnosis. Laryngopharyngeal reflux is a name I didnt recognise but I know GERD is linked also with Fibro, not sure if there similar. With levator anti syndrome and fibro there are a lot of posts about the two and trochanteric bursitis is linked to many conditions, one being fibro.

Fibro has many symptoms that are similar to other conditions and yes sometimes they go hand in hand with each other and sometimes they dont and the conditions stand out seperately in the own right.

Fibromyalgia is such a grey area, as there is no specific blood test to clearly say you have it or not, its all down to history, symptoms and tigger point pain and that fits into alot of other medication conditions too.

Hope this is of some help and good luck on the blood test results.
With loving kindness
Gracious
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems