Night sweats update.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Night sweats update.

Postby Diane64 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:38 am

Hi I posted a few weeks ago in regards to night sweats and how it was driving me crazy.. since then I went back to Gp and discussed options of giving me a prescription for oxybutynin 5mg.

These were suggested by another fibro forum buddy and although the doctor was reluctant to give me them due to them being used for urine incontinence, when I told him about other uses eg: night sweats he allowed me a prescription to give them a go.

First couple of weeks there was no difference, but I persevered with them, now I don't get night sweats and manage a much better sleep, the only time I do still get them is if I forget to take the tab and suffer for it all night, I now take them around 5pm instead of the morning or before bed, this seems the best time for me.

Just thought I would post this if anyone else is suffering and have tried other things that have not worked, I know its yet another pill to take but in my opinion so worth it for the relief.. :-D
Diane64
UKFM Member

Re: Night sweats update.

Postby denys » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:43 pm

Great to hear you have finally got something that help Diane and thanks for posting as it might just help others with a very uncomfortable problem :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems