A general update on everything...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A general update on everything...

Postby Queenie_70 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:31 pm

My doctor reduced my duloxtine from 90 to 60mg as there is a double blind study that shows there is no improvement with an increase over 60mg. He also expressed that this alone may improve the number of days I suffer from headaches, or migraine. I have also been removed, albeit, slowly, from tramadol to gabapentin. I am on 300mg po in the am, 300mg po, in the afternoon, and 600mg po at night. Unfortunately, by 1700 my pain is almost unbearable, so 4000mg of paracetamol plus 800mg of ibuprofen daily helps take off the edge.

The psychosis team is coming to my house to take a look at, and discuss my daughters care. It has taken three and a half years, plus a 200 mile move for anyone to believe she has a problem.

PiP (Atos) are coming to my house next Thursday, so really excited by that!!!!

Just surrendered my drivers license last month, it was that or have it taken by force....so today I applied for my disabled persons bus pass.

I feel like the slime you get between your toes at the lake...useless and not worth the bother....I am fighting the health care system, I am fighting for my daughter, 25 years now, I am fighting my electric company who thought over billing me would go unnoticed, I am fighting the guy I just bought a Jeep from, as he has yet to do the repairs and it has been over 30 days...(I know I have no license, I didn't know they were going to make me give it up when I bought the Jeep)!!! It is always a fight for something, something that I shouldn't have to fight for at all grrrr.....sorry this turned into a rant. Broke, well I have 13 pence...yeah, but the bills are paid and I do have food in the freezer....

So, there you go!
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: A general update on everything...

Postby keaedmondson » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:40 pm

Oh Queenie! So sorry! It's so horrible when life hits you with all these things at once! XXX
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:18 am

Queenie, you are most certainly not useless. You are struggling with an awful illness and doing the very best you can. and that is all anyone can expect from you.

all these things are frustrating yes, but one by one they will get sorted out and then you'll be past them and things will be better.

good luck. xx :hugs:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks guys...I just had a day yesterday where I went to the bank and had to deal with their stupidity, then on-line banking was wrong, and it just seems no matter what you do now-a-days you have to fix it yourself, and I am tired of doing that!

I do try to break things down to one problem at a time so that it does not overwhelm, but boy...grrrr :) This is why the place is so great....Fibro fighters Unite!!!
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems