Kidney pain I think…

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Kidney pain I think…

Postby keaedmondson » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:11 pm

I have had this a couple of times the the last few weeks. It's new for me. I get backache but this is different. I'm not sure why I think it's my kidneys but I feel pretty certain. This morning it was my left kidney but I think it might of been my right one before but I can't remember for sure. This morning the pain lasted about half an hour to 45 minutes and it was pretty constant. I am going to mention it to my doctor when I go next week but I feel a bit silly considering it's only happened twice.

Does anyone have any advice in the meantime?
I have googled it and I have searched on here already.
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Re: Kidney pain I think…

Postby dazzleship » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:17 am

hi

sorry to hear about this. are you sure it isn't just muscular? sometimes I get pain at either side of my spine low down but it feels muscley even though it's where I think the kidneys are.

I don't have much to suggest except drink plenty of water in case it is kidneys, cos that will help.

I don't think it's silly to mention it to your doctor. better to be safe.

I hope you get it sorted out soon. :hugs:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Re: Kidney pain I think…

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:04 am

I've had a kidney infection. I felt extremely ill and my hubby even said so. My lower back was in severe agony. I went to the gp who said that I was ovulating! :roll: I said that I don't usually get pain like this around ovulation time. So I did a urine sample whoch was sent off. I got a call telling me that it was a kidney infection and I had to go on antibiotics. Stupid gp. Anyway it was a pain I hadn't ever had before. It was very very painful and I couldn't sit still for very long as it made me really uncomfortable. Make sure you being in a urine sample or,pick a bottle up from the reception and do one thee and then to be sure.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems