Not an eye problem per se...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Not an eye problem per se...

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi Guys,

This happened yesterday:

Going to bed I passed the phone sitting in its cradle, I looked down at it quickly to check the time and it said 23:22, I have everything on a 24 hour clock...shocked I looked up at my analog at it was 10:34...looked down at the phone again, boom, 22:33, a little off, but sure as heck not what I saw the first time.

Then, as I don't sleep, I was watching "Boys from the Black Stuff," on DVD, when in one scene they were handing around a bottle of whiskey...the label read Bells...but as it was passed to another character it said Teachers. I noted this to my partner as a bad edit, and he said that the bottle and the label had not changed.

What the frack?????
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Not an eye problem per se...

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Were you really tired? I know that my eyes can play tricks on me but more often its my hearing lol I'm a bit mad :crazy:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:49 pm

Not particularly. I mean this was just gone 2200 and I fell asleep at 0330, so 5 hours before "tired" kicked in. It has bothered me since. Just wondered if anyone else had similar problems. Fibro is weird, but this is "out of the ball park," as they say...

I know my eyes have played tricks before, I often see people, objects or worst, bugs, that are not there, but this is new.
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:08 pm

hi queenie

the first one I would simply put down to mis-reading the time, transposing the numbers from "23:22" to "22:33". an easy mistake which anybody, fibro or not, could make.

the second one- did you rewind the DVD to see what it did actually say on the bottle the first time? that would be one way to know whether this film should be on the next episode of "Great Movie Mistakes" or not :-)
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi dazzleship,

I can understand what you are saying about transposing a number, and with the digits so close I can see how that is a viable answer, but it was so absolute when I looked at it!!! Even now I can summon up the image I saw. :yikes:

The whiskey bottle was definitely not changed, the label, shape etc, was correct through-out the scene. So not a bad edit, but me being weird..well weirder than usual. :crazy:

Literally, the only thing I can attribute it to is on Friday I walked into a cupboard door and knocked myself stupid, (on the floor, in a ball crying, had to be raised up by partner and taken to living room to sit until nausea and dizziness dissipated). So, I may have a little concussion going on as I did end up passing out for an hour and a half, waking up and not knowing what was going on.

Even so, I was convinced I had seen these things, and it bothers me that my brain is broken!!! :cry:
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:08 am

ooh ouch, hope you're feeling a wee bit better now :-?

I honestly wouldn't read too much into things - all of us (again, fibro or no fibro) have times when we see things that aren't what they really are, etc. our brains fill in things based on what we know, and it's possible that is the case with the whiskey bottle. for you to see it clearly as one brand when it wasn't, presumably means you know what that brand looks like, so your brain probably though "oh whiskey bottle, must be such-and-such"

it could be down to slight concussion yes that's possible, but even then it doesn't mean you're going slightly mad :-)

so no, your brain isn't broken. :hugs:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:12 am

I'm bad for reading what I think the words should be and not actually what it says. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems